The alarms of critical devices should not be left unnoticed for a
long time. For instance, the mail-servers, web-servers, backup-servers,
switches, and routers are so critical that if their faults are not
solved within a specified time, the networking functionality will be
brought down. You can configure OpManager to escalate such unnoticed
alarms by sending an e-mail to the person concerned. However, you have
an option to exclude the alarms that are acknowledged from being
To configure a new alarm escalation rule, follow the steps given
If you configure a new alarm escalation rule, by default it will be
To disable an alarm escalation rule click on Edit icon, deselect the
Enable this rule option and
click on Save.
- Click the Admin Tab.
- Under Alerts, click Alarm Escalation.
- Click Add Rule to create a rule.
- Assign a name to the rule in the Rule Name
- Select the Severity and Category
of the alarm.
- Select the Business View
in order to associate the rule only to the alarms of the devices of the
selected business view. If not select None to associate the rule to the
alarms of all the devices.
- Then configure the the interval in either hours or minutes to
wait for the alarm to get cleared.
- You can exclude the acknowledged alarms from being escalated by
selecting Exclude Acknowledged Alarms
- Type the values for the fields
under Escalation Email Details
to send an e-mail if the alarm is not cleared within the specified
- Configure the From Email Address,
the Subject and the Message of the escalation mail.
- In the Run this check every box, set the
interval in minutes to execute this rule.
- Click Save.
Copyright © 2012, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.