Associating Notification with Managed Devices
You need to associate the notification profiles with devices to trigger the corresponding action whenever these devices are under trouble. You can also select the time-window so that alerts during the specified interval only is notified.
To associate a profile with devices or a category of devices, you can use the Quick Configuration wizard. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- From the Admin tab, under Configuration, click Quick Configuration wizard.
- Select Assign a notification profile... and click Next.
- Select the profile to be associated to the devices and click Next.
- Select the fault criteria for the selected profile and click Next.
- Time Window: Select one of the following options:
- Apply this profile all the time- This notifies alerts occurring for the selected criteria at any time.
- Apply the profile for the selected time window- You can specify the required time- window here. For instance, if you set the values as From 09:30 To 18:30, and select the days from Monday through Friday, alerts triggered during the specified interval and selected days only will be notified.
- Delayed Trigger: If you want the notification profile to be triggered at a delay, enter the delay time (in minutes). If you don't want to trigger the notification profile if the alarm has been acknowledged in the mean time, you can select the 'Do not trigger if alarm is acknowledged' check box.
- Recurring Trigger: This option helps you trigger the notification profile at regular intervals, till the alarm is cleared. Enter the trigger interval and number of triggers. If you don't want to trigger the notification profile repeatedly if the alarm has been acknowledged, you can select the 'Do not trigger if alarm is acknowledged' check box.
- Click Next.
- Select one of these options to associate the profile and click Next.
- If you select a category, then the profile is associated to all the devices in the category automatically.
- If you choose Select devices manually, the next page will list all the managed devices. Move the devices from the list in the left to the one in the right and click Finish.
- If you select a business view, the profile is associated to all the devices in the selected view.
To associate a notification profile to a single device, follow the steps given below:
Open the snapshot page of the device.
Select the Notification Profiles tab at the bottom.
- Click the corresponding link to select and associate the required profiles.
Copyright © 2012, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.