Steps to find Device Hardware ID
There are two ways of finding your device hardware ID.
- Finding it manually
- Using script
Steps to find Device Hardware ID: (manually)
- Right-click on Start and click on Device Manager. Alternatively, you can use the command prompt to open the Device Manager. Right-click on Start, click on Run and type "devmgmt.msc" in the run dialog box and run it to open the Device Manager.
- Right-click on the device you want to know the hardware ID of and select Properties.
- Click on the Details tab.
- Under Property click on the drop-down menu and select Hardware Ids.
- The hardware IDs will be listed in the Value box. You can right-click on it to select and copy them.
Steps to find Device Hardware ID: (Using script)
- Run this script gethardwares.ps1 in Windows PowerShell.
- Attach the generated file named collected-hardwares.xml to the request form.