Event ID 4771 - Kerberos pre-authentication failed
|Sub category||Kerberos Authentication Service|
|Description||Kerberos pre-authentication failed|
When a Kerberos pre-authetication fails, event ID 4771 is logged.
This log data gives the following information:
|Account Information||Account Name
Supplied Realm Name
|Service Information||Service Name
|Network Information||Client Address
|Additional Information||Ticket Options
|Certificate Information||Certificate Issuer Name
Certificate Serial Number
Why event ID 4771 needs to be monitored?
- Prevention of privilege abuse
- Detection of potential malicious activity
- Operational purposes like getting information on user activity like user attendance, peak logon times, etc.
- Compliance mandates
ADAudit Plus account logon real-time pre-configured reports help identify miscreant users attempting logon into machines that requires elevated privileges and provide evidence for any action administered by any user. These reports can be advantageously in overcoming account logon audit challenges.
Event 4771 applies to the following operating systems:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 7
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Corresponding event ID for 4771 in Windows Server 2003 and older is 675
Explore Active Directory auditing and reporting with ADAudit Plus.
- Related Products
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 (On-Premise | Cloud) Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools