Upgrade APM Insight Java Agent
Agent versions 5.4 and above
For agent versions 5.4 and above, APM Insight Java agent can be upgraded from server using any of the following ways:
- Auto Upgrade
- Manual Upgrade
Note: Auto upgrade feature will only work for major version changes in agent. Minor changes will not be covered.
- You can choose to upgrade to the latest agent version automatically from the web client directly, without the need to download from the website manually.
- By enabling the Agent Auto-upgrade option, Applications Manager will automatically download the new agent zip file for upgrade when a new agent version is available.
- By default, this auto-upgrade option is disabled. To enable, navigate to APM tab → Your application → Action → Edit → APM Insight Agent Configuration Profile → Edit, then enable the Agent auto-upgrade option and click Save.
- After the deployment process is complete, you will be requested to restart your application server. Once the server is restarted, the updated version will come into effect.
Agent versions below 5.4
For agent versions below 5.4, APM Insight Java agent can be upgraded by following the steps given below:
- Download the latest APM Insight Java Agent (apminsight-javaagent.zip) file.
- Extract the zip file to a new directory to find agent jars (apminsight-javaagent.jar and apminsight-javaagent-api.jar) and its configuration files.
- Navigate to the directory where you have deployed the APM Insight Java Agent in your Application Server.
- Take a backup of your old apminsight-javaagent.jar and apminsight-javaagent-api.jar in the directory. Then replace them with the new one.
- Restart the target Application server.
1. Customers upgrading to Applications Manager 14440 or above must upgrade their Java agent to version 4.x or above.
2. While upgrading Java Agent from version 2.x to 4.x or above, the following keys in apminsight.conf file needs to be updated:
a. license.key value from Applications Manager web client APM tab > Help Card > License Key needs to be added.
b. apm.host value needs to be changed to https://<appmanager_host>:<ssl_port> or http://<appmanager_host>:<http_port> after upgrade.
Visit Configuration Guide page for more details.