Applications Manager Plugin for OPM
Applications Manager Plugin - An Overview
With Applications Performance Management plug-in for OpManager, you can proactively monitor business applications and help businesses ensure their revenue-critical applications meet end user expectations. This plug-in offers out-of-the-box monitoring support for 50+ applications and servers.
- Automatic discovery of application servers, databases, services, systems, transactions, custom applications, virtual resources and cloud apps in your heterogeneous data center.
- Experience comprehensive performance management of over 100 key performance indicators of your applications - including response time, resource availability, CPU/memory utilization and more.
- Get a holistic view of your IT resources including a wide range of business applications and network services.
- Perform end-user experience monitoring of enterprise Internet Services and hosted Web Services from your branch offices; and measure the end-user experience of business-critical network services such as DNS, LDAP, Ping and Mail server from customer locations.
- Effective, timely fault management with notification of problems through e-mail and SMS alerts.
- Powerful reporting capability with extensive coverage to help administrators in application troubleshooting & capacity planning.
Editions Availble for Installation
- Professional Edition - To install the Professional edition, the OpManager Standalone should be installed before installing Applications Manager Plugin.
- Enterprise Edition - To install the Enterprise Edition, the Opmanager central and Opmanager Probe should be installed before Plugin Enterprise Edition installation.
OpManager Versions (based on the user interface)
- The latest version with the Old User Interface is 11600.
- The latest version with the New User Interface is 12200
Version Compatiblity between OpManager and Applications Manager
|Versions 11500 and 11600
||13010 and below
|Version 12 and above
Version 123111 and below
|13100 and above
Version 123150 and below
|13680 - 13720 with backup of conf files. Replace the old Plugin.properties file in OpManager\AppManager\conf. Update APM_BUILD_NUMBER with the correct version in Plugin.properties before restarting.
||Version 13730 and above
||Version 14310 and above
||Version 14540 and above
Software Requirements for the APM Plug-in
The recommended software requirements for installing and running APM Plug-in are as follows:
|Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7, Windows Server 2003,2008,2012
- RedHat Linux 8.0 and above
- Enterprise Linux 2.1 and above
- Debian/Suse/Ubuntu/Mandriva/CentOS/Fedora Core
- Internet Explorer 8.0 and above
- FireFox 7.x and above
- Google Chrome v22.0 and above
Instructions to apply APM plug-in
- Download OpManager's APM plug-in file to OpManager server
- Shutdown the OpManager Service and execute the file.
- You have to install APM plug-in in OpManager server.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process. Once the installation wizard completed, the Applications Manager Plugin will be installed under OpManager_HOME/AppManager directory
- Start the OpManager Service.
While uninstalling APM Plugin
The database does not get removed in pgsql backend since it is created in OpManager Database server. Please ensure that the database is manually removed from OpManager server by using the DROP DATABASE command.
Using the Applications Manager Plugin
In Version 11600 of OpManager - Applications Manager can be accessible under “Apps” tab in OpManager.
In Version 12200 of OpManager - Applications Manager can be accessible under “Dashboards -> Servers -> Applications”.
There is no need to apply a separate license file for AppManager Plugin. It is included within the OpManager license.
User Management in Applications Manager Plugin
OpManger automatically creates user profiles in APM plugin based on the OPM users. To view APM plugin user profiles,
- Go to Apps---> Admin---> User Management.
- You'll be taken to User Management dashboard, where there are 5 tabs- Profiles, User Groups, Permission, Views and Account Policy.
Profiles: On clicking a user profile, you will be able to see the User profile details. However, editing user profiles details such as User Name, Update Password, E-Mail, Role is not allowed. Image file can be changed.
User Groups: You can add user groups and associate users to them here.
- Specify the User Group name.
- Select the users to be associated to the group.
- Select the monitor group to be associated to the user group.
- Click Create User Group to finish.
Permissions: A set of Admin, Operator and AS400 permissions are given from which you can check the ones applicable to your infrastructure.
Views: Select how you view the monitors in the home tab. You can choose between "Show the subgroups from the corresponding top level Monitor Group" and "Show the associated subgroups directly in the home tab itself."
Account Policy: Option to Enforce account lockout and Enforce single user session is given here.
- You can specify the no of continuous failed login attempts and idle session timeout(min) after which account should be locked.
- If Enforce single user session is checked, user can have only one active session.