Credentials Library - Repository for Scan Credentials
Credentials Library houses various scan credentials technicians use for monitoring/scanning assets like Unix workstations/servers, printers, etc. Apart from serving as a repository for storing scan credentials, this library allows technicians to configure and edit new scan credentials as and when required. All scan credentials associated with AssetExplorerwill be stored in this library.
|Unix Scan Credentials||Scanning Unix Workstations/Servers|
|Device Scan Credentials||Scanning devices like printer,router etc.|
|VMware Device Specific Scan Credentials||Scanning VMware devices|
|Remote Access Credentials||Establishing remote connection with workstations|
|SCCM Credentials||Integrating ServiceDesk Plus with Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)|
To configure Scan Credentials:
- Select Admin tab --> Discovery block --> Credentials Library
- Click on Add New Credential link (available at the top-right corner).
- New Credential Pop-Up opens up as shown below:
- Select Credential Type (Telnet/SSH Protocol, SNMP V1/V2, VMWare (OR) Remote Control, SCCM)
- Provide a suitable Name and Description.
- Enter the Username and Password.
- In case of Telnet/SSH credentials specify the following:
- Protocol - Telnet/SSH
- Port Number - Set at 22 by default.
- Public or Private Key based authentication.
- In case of SNMP V1/V2 credentials specify the following:
- SNMP Read Community - Password.
- SNMP Port Number - It is set at 161 by default.
- Timeout (Indicates the time after which connection would be terminated) - It is set at "5" secs by default which can be changed.
- Retries (Indicates the number of attempts that can be made before Timeout happens) - It is set at "0" by default which can be changed.
- In case of SNMP V3 credentials specify the following:
- Enter the Username and Context Name.
Authorization and Encryption Protocols:
- Choose Either MD5 or SHA for Authorization Protocol and DES or AES-128 for Encryption Protocol.
- Once the corresponding protocol type is selected, enter the Authorization password.
- Once the Encryption protocol is selected, enter the Encryption password.
- Enter the SNMP Port Number - It is set at 161 by default.
Timeout (Indicates the time after which the connection would be terminated) - It is set at "5" secs by default which can be changed.
Retries (Indicates the no. of attempts that can be made before the timeout happens) - It is set at "0" by default which can be changed.
- In case of VMWare credentials specify the following:
- HTTPS Port - Set at 443 by default.
- Timeout (Indicates the time after which connection would be terminated) - Set at 60 secs by default.
- In case of Remote Control Credentials specify the following:
- Specify anyone of the following: Domain (or) Username (or) Password
- Save the Credentials.
- Configuring Scan Credentials - Network Scan Page
- Configuring Scan Credentials - Workstation/Device Scan Page
Scan Credentials being configured from Network Scan (on left) and Workstation Scan (on right) pages.
Configuring SCCM Credentials
Organizations that use AssetExplorer might also use Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) to manage desktops and their Windows-based applications.
SCCM and AssetExplorer use different agents to fetch asset details. Instead of installing two agents, you can integrate SCCM with AssetExplorer and fetch SCCM-scanned asset data.
To configure credentials required for SCCM configuration,
- Click Add New Credential.
- Select the SCCM credential type.
- Provide a unique name to the SCCM credentials and briefly describe it.
- Choose between Windows and SQL authentication mode.
- For Windows authentication mode, type in the domain, username and password. For SQL, type in the username and password.
- Click Save Credential.
With SCCM database servers of all sites in a single location, you can easily update the credential when required. However, you can save multiple credentials for different site SCCMs.