The free Join/Unjoin Computer tool can be used to move a computer between domains or from a domain to a workgroup or vice versa. It also have options to restart the client computer after moving. To move computer, follow the below steps,
- To know about setting up the tool click here.
- Select the Domain name available in the left pane.
- Select the computer which you want to move to another domain or workgroup.
- Click Join/Unjoin computer
Moving a computer from one domain/workgroup to another
To move a computer from one domain to another, follow the steps below:
- Choose the domain or workgroup where you want to move the computer
- Select the target domain or workgroup. If the target domain/workgroup is unavailable, add that domain by providing the admin credentials.
- Specify the IP Address of the DNS Server of the new domain
- Select the "Restart the Client computer after Moving" option, if the computer has to be restarted.
- Click Move.
- Check the status of the operation displayed at the bottom.