- Set up a backup scheduler.
- Enter the Backup Storage Path.
- Click Save Settings.
Note:To take backup immediately, click the Backup Now link.
Restoring the database from backup
- Run the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Navigate to <Installation_Dir>\bin (by default: C:\ManageEngine\ADSelfService Plus\bin) folder by using the cd command.
- Now, execute the following command to restore the database from the backup:
restoreDB.bat compressed_file_name.zip -p <password> E.g.:restoreDB.bat 081224-1547.zip -p <password>
- The password for the database backup file could be one of these two:
- Default password: This is the reverse string of the filename. For the filename mentioned above, the password would be "7451-422180".
- Admin-configured password: This is the custom password that was configured in the admin portal before creating the database backup. The Change Password For Database Backup Files option under Admin → Connection → General Settings is used for this.
- If you have forgotten the password to the backup file, but have access to the ADSelfService Plus installation directory, the encrypted password can be obtained from the customer-config.xml file (<installation_dir>\conf\customer-config.xml), and you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to decrypt it.
- If not, the backup will be inaccessible and a new backup will have to be created.
Your request has been submitted to the ADSelfService Plus technical support team. Our technical support people will assist you at the earliest.
Need technical assistance?
Enter your email ID
Talk to experts