How to integrate ServiceDesk Plus with DesktopCentral
- 1. Log into ServiceDesk Plus. Go to Admin --> General Settings --> ME Integrations --> Click Desktop Central.
- 2. Provide the Desktop Central server name and port number. Generate the "API key" from DesktopCentral.
- 3. To integrate with HTTPS, follow these steps: Download the files from the link provided in the comments section. Extract the files to the ServiceDesk Plus directory. The files will now be in the following location: gencert.bat under
[your drive]:ManageEngine\ServiceDesk directory.
- 4. Cert.jar should be under [your drive]:ManageEngine\ServiceDesk\lib directory.
- 5. Click the "Windows icon" and select Command Prompt (Run as administrator).
- 6. Go to ServiceDesk and run gencert.bat [DesktopCentral server IP]:[DesktopCentral server port]. Type 1 when you are prompted with an exception PKIX.
- 7. Move the 'jssecacerts' file created to the location [your drive]: ManageEngine\Servicedesk\jre\lib\security folder.
- 8. Generate the "API key" from DesktopCentral. Click "Test Connection" and Save.
- 9. Log in to Desktop Central. Go to Admin --> Integrations --> ServiceDesk Plus settings --> Select ServiceDesk Plus.
- 10. Provide the ServiceDesk Plus server name, port number, and protocol information.
- 11. Select the features to be integrated with ServiceDesk Plus. Generate the "API key" from ServiceDesk Plus and save.
- 12. ServiceDesk Plus is now integrated with Desktop Central.
Resources for further reading