Sometimes, an organization’s needs may go beyond the scope of the modules present in the application. In other cases, the organization might need to collect and store additional data that cannot be categorized under our pre-defined modules. In such cases, administrators can create and customize a new module from scratch, based on the organization’s requirements.
In SDP Cloud, Custom Module is completely customizable user defined module. You can create a brand new Custom Module and add all the required fields to it.
- Identify the requirements for the needed custom module.
- Create the required custom module in the UI. Add the fields needed by dragging and dropping them to the template.
- Populate the records in Custom Module.
For modelling the Custom Modules and Fields, you can use our Custom Module builder as it will be easier to design the Custom Modules and Fields.
There are some things which need to be noted down before using the Custom Module API. The steps are given as follows :
- To add the Custom Module via UI, go to Admin->Developer Space -> Custom Modules.
- Fill in the required fields and Create the Custom Module.
- You will find the field “API Name”. This api name is necessary to make the API calls. Once the API Names are defined, it cannot be edited (Setup -> Developer Space -> Custom Modules -> Required Custom Module -> Details Tab -> API Name)
- The API for the required operations such as GET, ADD, EDIT, DELETE and GET LIST can be performed using the API Name. The API Name for a custom module will start with the prefix “cm_”. In the API calls below, we will be using the custom module “cm_client_portal”
- Similarly, each field has a Field Key that will be used in the api payload JSON. For example, the Field Key of Email Address field is “txt_email”.
Screenshot of API Name
Screenshot of Field Key
“txt_name” field is mandatory for record addition (POST)