Oracle Performance Monitoring with Oracle Reports, Alarms & Dashboards
Most business critical applications are database driven and needs Oracle Monitoring. The Oracle database management capability helps database administrators to seamlessly detect, diagnose and resolve Oracle performance issues and monitor Oracle 24X7. The database server monitoring tool is an agentless monitoring software that provides out-of-the-box performance metrics and helps you visualize the health and availability of an Oracle Database server farm. Database administrators can login to the web client and visualize the status and Oracle performance metrics.
Applications Manager also provides out-of-the-box Oracle reports that help analyze the database server usage, Oracle database availability and database server health.
Additionally the grouping capability helps group your databases based on the business process supported and helps the operations team to prioritize alarms as they are received.
Oracle Monitoring capability:
- Response Time
- User Activity
- Table Space Usage
- Table Space Details
- Table Space Status
- SGA Performance
- SGA Details
- SGA Status
- Performance of Data Files
- Session Details
- Session Waits
- Buffer Gets
- Disk Reads
- Rollback Segment
- Queries, Locks and more
Monitor Custom Oracle Database Queries
Additionally, Applications Manager also provides the ability to monitor any SQL Query of an Oracle Database by using the Database Query Monitoring capability. With this, a DBA can monitor additional performance metrics, monitor custom database tables and even monitor and expose Business Metrics to Line of Business Managers.
"Everything is going well with Applications Manager. It is a straightforward interface that provides great visibility of how well servers and applications are performing. E-mail alarms and notifications are proving to be extremely useful."
Note: Oracle Application Server performance monitoring is also possible in Applications Manager.
Oracle Management Capabilities
- Out-of-the-box management of Oracle availability and performance.
- Monitors performance statistics such as user activity, status, table space, SGA performance, session details, etc. alarms can be configured for these parameters.
- Based on the thresholds configured, notifications and alarms are generated. Actions are executed automatically based on configurations.
- Performance graphs and reports are available instantly. Reports can be grouped and displayed based on availability, health, and connection time.
- Delivers both historical and current Oracle performance metrics, delivering insight into the performance over a period of time.
For more information, refer Oracle Management Online Help.