Solaris Management Made Easy
Applications Manager monitors Solaris systems. Each Sun Solaris system is first discovered and then the CPU activity, complete memory utilization, local and remote system statistics are being monitored.
The Solaris Management feature optimizes Solaris system performance, delivers comprehensive management reports, and ensures availability through automated event detection and correction. Applications Manager also monitors processes running in a Solaris system and supports Solaris capacity planning.
Some of the components that are monitored in Solaris are:
||Monitor CPU usage - check if CPUs are running at full capacity or are they being underutilized.
||Avoid the problem of your Solaris system running out of memory. Get notified when the memory usage is high (or memory is dangerously low).
||Maintain a margin of available disk space. Get notified when the disk space falls below the margin. You can also run your own programs/scripts to clear disk clutter when thresholds are crossed.
|Disk I/O Stats
||specifies read/writes per second, transfers per second, for each device.
ManageEngine® Applications Manager is available as Windows/Linux download. We are right now, not supporting Solaris version of Applications Manager, but by running Applications Manager in a Windows/Linux host, you can monitor the performance of other solaris machines in the network.
Solaris Monitoring Capabilities
- Out-of-the-box management of Sun OS availability and performance.
- Monitors performance statistics such as CPU utilization, memory utilization, disk utilization, Disk I/O stats and response time.
- Based on the thresholds configured, notifications and alarms are generated if the Solaris system or any specified attribute within the system has problems. Actions are executed automatically based on configurations.
- Performance graphs and reports are available instantly. Reports can be grouped and displayed based on availability, health, and connection time.
- Delivers both historical and current Solaris performance metrics, providing insight into the performance over a period of time.
- Server Monitoring section elaborates on database server and application server support.
For more information, refer Solaris Monitoring Online Help.