Management of Oracle Application Server made easy
Applications Manager helps you in monitoring performance, and availability of Oracle Application Servers.
Monitoring Oracle Application Server 10g involves automatic diagnosis and notification of problems in the Oracle Application Servers.
Monitoring Oracle Application Server provides comprehensive fault management and proactive alarm notifications, checking for impending problems, triggering appropriate actions and gathering performance data for planning, analysis, and reporting.
J2EE Web Transaction Analyzer
The Web Transaction Analyzer in ManageEngine® Applications Manager allows you to view Java method level breakup of response times. It enables end to end Web Transaction monitoring, from URL to SQL queries of a web application. Application Admins can easily troubleshoot problem areas by obtaining the slow URLs and take a look at the trace (method level) all the way to the SQL query. More info on Java/J2EE Web Transaction Monitor.
"It was an easy decision to select Applications Manager, once we saw it monitoring our internal IT resources effectively. It helps us keep our applications up and running smoothly and quickly resolves IT glitches. It is a cost-effective, easy-to-use tool that performed superbly for us, and we are very happy with the results now."
Alex Leal Villagra
Some of the parameters that can be monitored in Oracle Application Server are:
Note: Oracle Database performance monitoring is also possible in Applications Manager.
- Request Throughput
- Server Response Time
- OPMN Process Memory
- OC4J JVM Statistics - Threads, JDBC Connections
- Web Application Statistics - Active Session, Request Throughput
- JMS Statistics - Message Enqueued, Message Count, Store Size
Oracle Application Server Monitoring Capabilities
- Out-of-the-box management of Oracle Application Server availability and performance - checks if it is running and processing requests.
- Monitors performance statistics such as Request Throughput, Server Response Time, OPMN Process Memory etc.,. alarms can be configured for these parameters.
- Based on the thresholds configured, notifications and alarms are generated. Actions are executed automatically based on configurations.
- Performance graphs and reports are available instantly. Grouping of reports, customized reports, and graphs based on date is available.
For more information, refer to the Monitoring Oracle Application Server Online Help.