README for Version 6.0
» ReadMe for Build 6000
(Released on: 27 August, 2013)
- AE-50501 : Option to configure multiple credentials for each subnet in Network scan. If a subnet has Windows, Unix, VMWare and Network devices, different credentials can be configured based on the protocol (WMI, Telnet/SSH, SNMP V1/V2 & VMWare) used for scanning. These credentials are stored in a central credential library and can be associated to Network scan, individual machine scan and remote control.
- AE-51483 : All Network devices with SNMP enabled can be scanned for inventory.
- AE-49373 : Database passwords stored in the db-configuration files after encryption.
- AE-38820 : PO: Email-ID of the vendor is not populated by default in "Order this PO" form.
- AE-51049 : PO: While approving a PO in non-login view, "You cannot approve this PO" error is thrown at times.
- AE-51066 : PO : When a PO is edited, the PO's status is changed to "Pending Approval" but PO approval status is not changed.
- AE-51062 : Agent : Problem while performing remote control due to wrong DNS cache being retained in the server.
- AE-46524 : Agent : Unable to take Windows backup if AssetExplorer agent is installed.
- AE-49439 : Agent : Uninstalling the agent from a Windows workstation would remove the agent software entry for all workstations in AssetExplorer.
- AE-48805 : Agent : If agents are deployed using GPO, agents are downloaded to workstations even if same version of the agent is installed.
- AE-46323 : Scan : Value in "Description" field is removed after rescanning servers or workstations.
- AE-30393 : Scan : Service packs are not detected while scanning Windows Vista machines.
- AE-44569 : Scan : Unable to scan a linux workstation from linux server installation.
- AE-47252 : Scan : IPV6 address is not shown properly in the workstation details page during scanned xml import.
- AE-29711 : Scan : AIX machines getting added with name as 127.0.0.1
- AE-51419 : Scan : Fetching Oracle installation details for linux machines during scan.
- AE-48679 : Agent : Issue in starting the agent service when scan at boot is set to true while installing the agent.
- AE-50917 : Scan : CentOS machines are detected as Redhat machines.
README for Version 5.6
» ReadMe for Build 5618
- AE-50809 : The certificates used to signing the add-ons of Remote Control are expired.
- AE-50768 : Unnecessary Shortcut created in desktop while taking Remote Control of a machine using agent.
» ReadMe for Build 5617
- AE-47514 : Distributed scanning : Error while pushing data to central server due to invalid character in Software name.
- AE-47691 : CSV Import : Service tag check is not case insensitive while merging workstations.
- AE-47916 : Distributed scanning : Error while pushing data to central server due to invalid character in Software version.
- AE-47917 : The timeout for agent requests has been increased to 120 seconds.
- AE-48241 : Query optimized for performance issues reported on clicking the list view option in relationships tab of CIs.
- AE-48587 : Timeout support added for scanning VMWare machines.
- AE-48790 : Exception while re-scanning and updating ESX host machines if the device was identified as a workstation during initial discovery.
- AE-48372 : NullPointerException while parsing serial number for VMWare machines.
- AE-48804 : Audit history cleanup schedule not working for huge data.
- AE-48110 : Cannot scan Japanese workstations with Ubuntu Operating system.
- AE-48865 : NumberFormatException while parsing printer memory details.
- AE-48791 : Query optimized for performance issue reported on viewing the failed workstation list view.
- AE-48839 : Support for mentioning contract types,creating child contracts and enhancements in contract renewal.
» ReadMe for Build 5616
- AE-48610 : The default report 'Software by manufacturer' does not work if the database is postgres.
- AE-48605 : The default report 'Rarely used software installations' does not work if the database is postgres.
- AE-48591 : Unable to restore the linux postgres backup data into windows server.
» ReadMe for Build 5615
- AE-48607 : PostgreSQL database support is added.
» ReadMe for Build 5614
- AE-46841 : Option to turn off processing scanned xmls submitted through http from remote machines.
- AE-48114 : Cross-site scripting vulnerability identified in parsing scanned xmls has been fixed.
» ReadMe for Build 5613
(Released on: 02 November, 2012)
- AE-47798 : Support for approving Purchase Orders by multi-level approvers.
- AE-46643 : Deleted users are listed in All Cis list view
- AE-46811 : Global search filter's default text is not cleared while clicking in the search field.
- AE-47205 : Servers cannot searched in global Workstation/Server search, now a new filter for server search is available.
- AE-47431 : Cannot add attachments to contracts after upgraded to AssetExplorer 5611
- AE-47204 : Linux scan script contains invalid path for bash location.
- AE-47406 : License agreement's attachment functionality is not working properly.
- AE-47513 : SocketException while trying to scan a solaris machine.
- AE-47588 : No alert message while reconciling two workstations received by PO.
- AE-47641 : Contract xls import adding 'From date' greater than 'To date' field.
- AE-47688 : Complete Asset scan history gets deleted when schedule audit history cleanup enabled.
- AE-47524 : Error while reconciling workstations from workstation's list view.
» ReadMe for Build 5612
(Released on: 15 October, 2012)
- AE-47522 : Ability to imports contracts from excel.
- AE-47605 : Ability to localize or modify the names of CI Types, Product Types and Relationship Types
» ReadMe for Build 5611
(Released on: 29 August, 2012)
- AE-46613 : Service tags can be imported while receiving workstations/servers in Purchase Order
- AE-46784 : Apart from SDAmin,non-admin technicians can also create query report by enabling fine grained authorization check "Create Query Report" while adding or editing a role.
- AE-31535 : Ability to perform remote control using other tools like Windows Remote Desktop, VNC, Team Planner, DameWare etc
- AE-41383 : Cannot delete workstations with huge audit history.
- AE-45818 : Technicians with Asset full role with Scan Now option enabled cannot do a "New scan" in workstation listview.
- AE-46528 : Cannot fetch OS name and hardware details in Solaris machine due to non-bash shells.
- AE-46543 : Software not fetched during importing of japanese linux scanned xml.
- AE-46615 : Hardware details not fetched during importing of linux scanned xml.
- AE-46624 : More threads waiting for getting printer's server name during bulk scanned xml import
- AE-44910 : Software ci gets deleted from list view, while removing any of its relationships.
- AE-46730 : When scanning a VM, its relationship with VMHost is lost.
- AE-46736 : Problem with scanning linux machine if the output for uname -s returns in 2 lines
- AE-46739 : While scanning a linux machine, if the port 9090 is open, trying to scan via agent and stopped instead of proceeding to linux scan
- AE-46313 :Installed column becomes zero after applying licenses in Software details page.
- AE-44051 : Date format is not personalized in Purchase Order non-login page.
- AE-45922 : Inventory data will be lost while moving from workstation product to server product.
- AE-46344 : Purchase Order attachment not accessible in non-login page.
- AE-46346 : The message displayed after approving or rejecting a Purchase order has been modified.
- AE-46709 : While scanning ESX Virtual Machine, VM's alias name is fetched instead of VM host name.
- AE-46755 : Audit reports are not site based.
- AE-46904 : Worskstation name changed to ipaddress during scheduled scan.
» ReadMe for Build 5610
(Released on: 11 June, 2012)
- AE-46185 : Model of the HP printers not detected during scan.
- AE-46179 : Local credentials provided for certain devices gets overwritten with domain/network credentials if domain scan or network scan is performed.
- AE-46165 : Error while viewing the asset details page if AssetExplorer is installed in Spanish OS server.
- AE-46183 : Time out error while scanning Solaris machines.
» ReadMe for Build 5609
(Released on: 21 May, 2012)
- AE-45840 : Vulnerability in agent based scanning.
- AE-45838 : Unable to view the purchase order which has the attachments after applying the service pack.
- AE-45711 : Unable to change the product type from one consumable type to another consumable type in product page.
- AE-45532 : Major/Minor version association is got removed after updating the product details in admin page
- AE-45174 : Unable to apply the license file in linux installation.
- AE-43388 : Installed count showing '0' value for CAL in license listview.
- AE-42755 : Asset product is changed to 'Unknown Device' while changing the asset's product type to another type.
- AE-36695 : When a software version update occurs, the license is deallocated.
- AE-45837 : Unable to import assets from CSV file if the asset's department is present in more than one site.
- AE-44155 : Product type is not deleted after deleting the CI Type.
» ReadMe for Build 5608
(Released on: 25 April, 2012)
- AE-45733 : Unable to apply 'Service Pack' from linux installation.
- AE-45734 : Unable to start the server after restoring the backup data.
» ReadMe for Build 5607
(Released on: 23 April, 2012)
- AEF-43454 : Provision to map configured user additional fields to fields in Active Directory while performing user's import.
- AEF-43585 : Ability to schedule user's import from CSV.
- AEF-43587 : Support for columns serial number, location, asset tag, acquisition date, expiry date and warranty expiry date in workstation and asset list views.
- AEF-44175 : Frequently asked query reports provided under reports section for both MySQL/MSSQL databases.
- AE-43837 : Software not detected in certain latest versions of Mac machines.
- AE-42518 : CMDB reports got corrupted when a CI Type was moved from IT to Non-IT.
- AE-42795 : Reports exported to Excel format can handle more than 65000 rows.
- AE-43275 : User's site information get removed when importing users from remote server to central server.
- AE-43292 : While creating new attributes for a CI Type, only the last attribute added is displayed in the list view of the CIType.
- AE-39525 : Contract expiry notifications delayed by a day from the value specified in "Notify before days".
» ReadMe for Build 5606
(Released on: 11 January, 2012)
- AE-41346 : Exception while editing a workstation by technicians with full control of Asset Module (without SDAdmin role).
- AE-39389 : Technicians with full control of Asset Module (without SDAdmin and CMDB role) cannot import assets from CSV file.
- AE-41793 : CSV import failed for certain workstations if the model field in the CSV import was case sensitive.
- AE-39999 : Scan getting failed when the software manufacturer name having more than 150 characters.
- AE-43119 : License keys are not detected in case of scanning through agent.
- AE-39095 : Unable to delete workstations which had huge date of audit history.
- AE-40398 : Cannot import remote server data into central server if the data had some special characters.
- AE-41822 : LDAP import getting failed in case of Novel eDirectory.
- AE-42821 : While scanning VMHosts, relationships between VMHosts and VMs were not established if the VMs were scanned even before the VMHost was scanned.
» ReadMe for Build 5605
(Released on: 17 November, 2011)
- AE-41966 : Workstations getting overwritten based on machine name instead of service tag in WMI scanning.
- AE-41967 : Entries from the table DynamicTables getting removed while restoring the backup data.
» ReadMe for Build 5604
(Released on: 02 November, 2011)
- AE-40751 : Scanning inventory for VMWare host machines (Supports ESX/ESXi 3.5 to 4.1).
- AE-41214 : Option to configure email ids to notified apart from choosing technicians for contract expiry notification.
- AE-41213 : Option to send multiple expiry notifications for a contract.
- AE-41212 : Option provided to additional comments while changing the state of assets or assigning it to a user/department.
- AE-40395 : Scan script for Mac machines.
- AE -39145 : Fetching user accounts from Windows machines during scan.
- AE-40327 : Default report to find assets depreciated by 50% or below.
- AE-41363 : System type(32 bit/64 bit) details not shown for windows XP/2003.
- AE-41159 : Microsoft office license key not fetched in agent based scanning.
- AE-40850 : Importing CSV file by having workstation UDF fields without asset UDF fields causes error.
- AE-40749 : Remote Control not working in Firefox 5.0
- AE-40722 : Exception throws on home page, if a product type is named as "Others"
- AE-40537 : When UAC is enabled in Windows Vista and later OS, viewer hangs during remote control.
- AE-40393 : Showing last logged in user in Mac machines.
- AE-40392 : Showing last logged in user in linux machines.
- AE-40302 : Contract notification is not sent, if a technician with invalid email id is chosen.
- AE-40157 : While adding description with new line characters in the workstation"s add cost popup, details are shown in a single line.
- AE-40124 : Workstation filter is not reset to "All" after searching in Workstation list view.
- AE-39908 : Site restricted technicians are not able to view query based report.
- AE-41154 : While performing auto assign workstation, option to configure "Retain users site as assets site".
» ReadMe for Build 5603
(Released on: 22 August, 2011)
- AEF-39502: Asset Depreciation - The depreciation costs of all the assets can be calculated by choosing the appropriate depreciation method either at the product level or asset level.
- AEF-38896: Public key authentication support for scanning linux machines
- AEF-40001: Support for scanning the linux machines using shell script. The script can be used for scanning linux machines not in network or to push inventory data from the remote machines to the server.
- AEF-39816: RAM frequency details fetched during scan.
- AEF-39816: Date fields in all the forms can be edited manually without choosing the calender.
- AE-39870: Some unwanted IPs are getting added when scan is triggered by enabling "Check for newly added workstations".
- AE-39501: Shipping and billing address with more than 30 characters cannot be added in PO.
- AE-39787: Not more than 10 characters can be provided in the first field of add new vendor form.
- AE-39872: Workstations CSV import failed if the harddisk capacity was provided without harddisk serial number.
- AE-40003: In the components list view, not able to find the users who owned the components.
» ReadMe for Build 5602
(Released on: 15 July, 2011)
- AEF-38867: Support for sending notification to user(s) upon installation of prohibited software.
- AEF-39408: Support to identify workstations with duplicate 'Service Tag' and 'MAC Address' from Admin tab --> General Settings.
- AEF-38868: Support to enable or disable the scan option while creating/editing a role.
- AE-38969: Unable to push the remote server data to central server when no site is specified in 'Central Server Configuration' page.
- AE-39449: Slow response while searching the workstation/server from global search.
- AE-39277: Showing all the deleted people list while adding 'Used by' relationship in asset's add relationship page.
- AE-38844: Certain software not detected on 64 bit machines.
» ReadMe for Build 5601
(Released on: 18th June, 2011)
- AEF-39000: Option to add attachments in Purchase Order without editing it.
- AEF-38692: I18N support for CI and relationship attributes.
- AEF-38115: While scanning MS SQL Server software from the machines, the edition of the software is also fetched.
- AE-38855: Domain name getting duplicated in the domain list view during scan.
- AE-38734: Assign Owner popup is not closed in firefox when the action is performed from list views.
- AE-38704: A server under Application Server CIType with OS as Microsoft Windows would be moved under Windows Server CIType upon editing it.
- AE-38705: A parent CIType and its childs with CIs in it and which are not assets (i.e "Track as assets" is disabled).If the parent CIType is now moved under an asset CI Type (for eg:Server), the mapping to Server is not established appropriately.
- AE-38659: While performing an AD users import login name is populated in place of display name.
- AE-38887: While performing a scheduled AD import of users, the checkbox status for "Move associated assets" is not retained.
- AE-38870: Agent failed to start in certain machines due to dll corruption and agent version upgraded to 1.0.6.
» ReadMe for Build 5600
Enhancements in CMDB Module:
- With this release all assets,people (users and technicians), documents, IT and Business Service etc are tracked as configuration items (CIs).
- All CIs are categorized under CI Types and each CI Type can have different set of attributes and relationships.
- CI Types can be configured in an hierarchical structure and a child CI Type would inherit the attributes and relationships of the parent CI Type.
- Unlike the previous version, any type of relationship can be configured between two CIs.
- CIs are identified during scan, AD import and categorized under appropriate CI Types. CIs can also be imported from CSV files.
- Enhanced CI relationship map which allows viewing the relationships to N levels. The relationships of a node are displayed upon clicking it.
- Agent failed to start when UAC is enabled in Windows Vista.
- Showing command prompt during agent install/upgrade/uninstall has been removed.
- Agent status is not updated to the server if agent is uninstalled manually.
- The manufacturer of a software can be edited from the software details page.
- StackOverFlow error and OutOfMemory error during reconcile of workstations.
- OU population takes a long time during users import from Active directory and domain scan when the OUs is high.
- Microsoft Office license keys not fetched in Windows7 64 bit machines.
- While importing users from Active directory if the department for the user is changed, corresponding change was not reflected in the assets owned by the user if "Move associated assets" was not checked during import.
» ReadMe for Build 5504
- Agent failed to start in certain machines due to dll corruption.
- Blank page during login in free version of AssetExplorer.
» ReadMe for Build 5503
- Software is not detected during scan in Debian machines.
- Internet Explorer is not detected while scanning windows vista machines.
- All IpAddresses are not detected while scanning linux machines.
- Remote server data is not imported into the central server if the users email id is empty.
- Asset additional fields not shown in the workstation list view.
- Print preview provided for non it assets.
- RemoteControl failed for vista and later operating systems when prompt for getting user's permission is configured.
- Installation count is not displayed correctly in software details page if major-minor version grouping is configured for a software.
- Copy and paste (Ctlr+c and Ctlr+v) does not work during remote control.
» ReadMe for Build 5502
- Site association is removed for asset(s) in "In Store" state after a Domain/Network scan is performed without choosing a site.
- Unable to approve the PO if the approver name contains a single quote.|
- Unable to edit the PO created date.
- UI alignment is not proper in License Agreement details page.
- User, department ,site and region details included in agent related list views.
- Last logged user field changes from a user name to blank after a scan, if scan is performed using script as logon script or through agent with "Scan of system startup" enabled.
- Some of the software titles are displayed with ####AND#### instead of '&' after script or agent scan.
- Software version is not updated properly during rediscovery of workstations/servers.
- Similar to agent based scan, WMI scan will fetch software installed by all users from Windows machines.
- If an asset in moved to "In Store" state, the association of components with the asset will not be removed.
» ReadMe for Build 5501
- Hard disk and Memory Module information is not fetched while scanning Solaris machines.
- Memory details are not fetched while scanning Mac machines.
- Problem while scanning AIX machines when OS version is fetched.
- Change credentials not happening from device details page for network devices.
- Organization logo is displayed in PO even after disabling it under Admin tab -->Company details.
- Unable to search for server(s) from the global search.
- Domain information is lost after changing a user to technician.
- Problem while searching for resources from the global search in non-English version.
- 'Order this PO' link not displayed for the PO owner.
- Vendor's Email ID is not displayed in purchase order form.
- Site is not populating automatically after choosing user/department in "Assign Owner" screen.
- Unable to connect and push data to central server using 'Local Authentication' from remote server in case of distributed asset scanning.
- Software reports showing improper purchased and installation counts under certain conditions.
- 'Server with less than 10% free space' report is not working with MS SQL database server.
- PO Overdue notification is not sent later if application is not running when the notification action has been scheduled.
» ReadMe for Build 5500
- Agent based scanning for windows workstations and servers.
- Support for fetching inventory from AIX machines.
- Support for scanning 64bit software.
- Support for multiple languages apart from English.
- PO work flow has been enhanced to include four new states : Ordered, Items Received, Invoice Received and Payment Done with support for adding invoice and payment details.
- Multi Approval : Provision to configure multiple approver's for a PO.
- Ceiling limit for PO approver : Provision to restrict an approver to approve a PO based on the total cost of the PO.
- Support for configuring different tax rates for items in single PO.
- Consumables : Items that are of type consumable would not be added as individual asset while they are received from PO.
- Reconcile assets : Provision to reconcile assets created by receiving items from PO and assets added during scan.
- Support for different license types like OEM, concurrent, enterprise - subscription, enterprise - perpetual, free, named user, node locked, trial apart from the existing CAL,volume, individual. License types for Microsoft,Adobe and Symantec are configured by default.
- Support for configuring custom license types.
- Support for license agreements and notifications on license expiry.
- Importing software licenses from CSV.
- During bulk allocation of licenses, licenses would be allocated to corresponding machines based on the license key fetched during scan and license key of the licenses.
- Auto sync of Distributed data - The inventory data scanned in the remote AE servers would be pushed automatically to the central AE server. This would be a periodic process and any change in inventory data in the remote server would be synchronized with the central server.
- Remote Control settings : Remote control to a machine would prompt for user's permission by default to access the machine. Machines for which the prompt is not required (for eg: Servers) can be configured from the workstation/server list views.
- Problem in scanning dual processors in a machine has been fixed.
- Manually added software to workstation would be retained even after subsequent scans. Previously, those software would be removed during subsequent scans.
- Site restriction on asset removed : Previously asset's site is determined by the site in which the user of the asset is. Now asset can be associated to a site other than its user's site.
- Provision to add invalid servicetag list and OIDs for network devices from UI.
» ReadMe for Build 5103
- Problem while importing the standalone audit scan information through xml when the software name is not available.
- In custom reports filter, vendor details were also displayed when site was chosen.
- The software 'Microsoft Security client' was not detected in scan.
- The changes in product name of servers was not updated during re-discovery.
- Problem while scanning solaris zone machines.
- Certain workstations getting overwritten due to same machine name even though servicetag is different.
» ReadMe for Build 5102
- Duplicate department error while importing users from the Active Directory / CSV file when the department with the same name is already marked as deleted.
- New column(s) added in Custom report under module Workstation/Resources.
- Bar code
- Last logged user
- Workstation type (Desktop/Laptop)
- Lease start date
- Lease end date
- Unable to remove the product even if the product is not associated to any asset(s).
- 'Order By' functionality in reports section is not working properly with MSSQL database.
- Junk values in MAC Address if the machines are scanned using scan script.
- Scanned information(s) is not updated properly in database if scanning of a machine takes more than 5 minutes.
- While doing individual workstation scan or network scan, it's updating the scanned data to the another machine.
- Incorrect BIOS date in harware details page for Linux machines.
- Showing different history information while doing scan using 'Scan now' option and scan script.
- Selected OU's structure is not maintained during subsequent scans.
- Junk values in monitor serial number while doing domain scan.
- Error while scanning linux machines (One of the mandatory field value is set as NULL).
- Unable to change the user's department if user is owner for an asset.
- Not able to save the location details in asset page without giving site information.
- Multi processor information is not fetched in Linux machine.
- Error while scanning Mac machines if the machine memory module details are having encrypted content or empty string.
- Unable to update the site information of assets if the asset ownership is having user or department not assigned to any site.
- Always showing 'Hardware removed' and 'Hardware added' in EMail notification after domain scan.
- Purchase order listview column customizer is not working in firefox browser.
» ReadMe for Build 5101
- Unable to import the asset(s) from CSV file if department is specified without site information.
- Expired and Disposed workstation(s) removed from Unaudited workstations list view.
- Expired and Disposed assets removed from assets list displayed under "Associate to Asset" option in "Assign Owner" screen.
- License details is not removed if the software type is changed from Managed to any other type.
- Home page software compliance type graph is not showing the count properly in case of major-minor version grouping.
- Compliance type not displayed properly if volume license is purchased for particular software.
- Changing the report column order is not working.
- SQL Query report 'Order By' functionality is not working.
- Asset home page 'Asset Summary' dashboard is not showing their count properly if the product type count is greater than 10.
- OU's page is not loading if the OU's count is too large.
- AD User(s) import is not working with windows 2008 server.
» ReadMe for Build 5100
- Support for Client Access License (CAL).
- Support for fetching users from LDAP and LDAP authentication.
- Support for Personalized date format.
- Support for scanning Multi Processor information in linux machines.
- New role 'Remote Desktop Access' is added to restrict technicians from using Remote Control.
- Support for additional fields for Software License.
- Fetching software from Mac machines.
- Remote Control to Windows Vista OS and Remote Control from Firefox 3.
- Restriction on specifying the contract notification period.
- Performance issues in scanning Windows machines using Logon script.
» ReadMe for Build 5005
- Support for scanning Solaris machines using telnet or SSH.
- Support for volume licensing apart from the current individual and enterprise licensing.
- Support for fetching multiple processor details from the workstations.
- Support for scanning the workstations in silent mode using the scan script(Scan tab --> Standalone workstation audit). This script can be configured as a logon script in Active Directory and even in case of failure the error message would be pushed to the AE server without prompting the error message to the workstation users.
» ReadMe for Build 5004
- Site field is missing in software license edit page.
- Software Summary Report is showing duplicate workstations for certain criteria.
- Modify product type option added in workstation and other assets listview.
- While editing the server, product's of type server are not displayed under model dropdown.
- Duplicate workstations in software details page.
- Exception while deleting the multiple workstation(s) from the listview.
- Exception while scanning the network devices like printer, router, switch and access point.
- Service pack installed workstation listview always showing all workstation(s) even if the logged in user has restricted site access.
- Unable to generate the advanced matrix report for certain criteria choosen.
- Audit report is not working with SQL Server 2000.
- Summary report print preview is not working properly if the report is having any criteria in filter page.
- HTTP 500 error while viewing the user details in software details page.
- Data model schema added for software in New query report option.
- Department is not checked by default in AD user's import wizard.
- Network/Windows domain scan audit changes notification is sent to the wrong technician at times.
- While changing the asset state from 'In Use' to 'In Repair' its removing the attached assets and components.
- Spot search is not working in failed workstations list view.
» ReadMe for Build 5003
- 100% CPU usage when the product or SQL Server is running in non-english OS.
- Creating duplicate workstations in the listview after changing the resource state from custom state to 'In Use'.
- GL Code size increased from 20 to 250.
- Server machines is not removed from the server listview, after changing the product type from 'Server' to other product.
- Software information is missing after importing the scanned windows data into linux machine.
- Contract notification template format is not reflected in the EMail to the owner/vendor page.
- Dynamic group listview showing the incorrect information for the site column.
- Location, Warrenty Expiry date, GL Code and Cost Center added in reports.
- Rendering exception while searching the software from the global search.
- New purchase order quantity field accepting alpha numeric value.
- Workstation listview advanced filter not working properly.
- Software licensing, connected asset(s) and attached component(s) will be removed if the asset changed from 'In Use' to 'Disposed'/ 'Expired'.
- Memory and date column comparison is not working properly in reports.
- Matrix report title always showing Untitled.
- Unable to edit, save and schedule the audit report.
» ReadMe for Build 5002
- Unable to import the non english scanned assets from Remote Server.
- Duplicate department(s) created after importing the user(s) from the Active Directory.
- IP Address column added in Dynamic Group Criteria list.
- Provision to assign the site to all the resource states except 'In Use' and 'In Repair' states.
- Expired contract(s) not sending all the asset(s) in notification mail.
- Adding new asset from the asset list view its not choosing the right product name instead it showing all the products.
- Asset Home page is not displaying properly.
- Software information not fetching from the Windows vista machine.
- While editing the server, appropriate model is not displayed.
- Site restriction defined for technicians get removed after importing users from Active Directory.
- Unable to schedule the audit report(s).
- Date format issue in Asset CSV import.
» ReadMe for Build 5001
- Asset and Workstation listview performance issues fixed.
- Software listview installed count allways showing zero for unmanaged softwares.
- Browser cache Issues fixed.
- Home page graph not loading properly fixed.
- Duplicate resources in Dynamic Group listview fixed.
» ReadMe for Build 5000
- Support for MSSQL apart from MySQL.
- Defining roles for technicians i.e technician access can be restricted to certain modules alone like assets alone, purchase alone e.t.c.
- Backup scheduling : The entire data can be backed up on a periodic basis to a remote server.
- Distributed asset scan to support for printers, routers, switches and users imported from Active directory apart from workstations alone.
- Provision to remote connect to a Windows workstaion.
- Provision for attachments and additional fields in purchase order with enhanced approval system.
- Site based access restriction for technicians. For eg: a technician can be restricted to view, add,update or delete any data pertaining to California site alone. This would be helpful for organizations distributed across multiple sites.
- Provision to add custom resource states.
- Provision to add contract additional fields.
- Asset Relationships - Helps in providing a quick view of all the assets that are impacted if a particular asset is down. For eg: View all the workstations that are affected if a printer is down.
- AD Authentication for technician login.
- Provision to bulk select and scan from workstations, other IT assets and groups list view.
README for Version 4.0 and above
» ReadMe for Build 4017
- Issues related to fetching service tag, product and bios details in case of linux machines have been resolved.
- Issue in displaying workstation and asset additional fields in the details page (Resource Info page) has been fixed.
» ReadMe for Build 4016
- Certain memory issues in software license management has been fixed.
» ReadMe for Build 4015
- Fetching service tag, model, bios information, memory modules for linux machines during scanning.
- Fetching software version for all software while scanning.
- Certain memory issues while adding software licenses has been resolved.
» ReadMe for Build 4014
- Certain memory issues while scanning large number of workstations has been resolved.
- Auto pushing of agent to the remote workstations in case of DCOM failures while scanning.
» ReadMe for Build 4013
- Distributed workstation scan: AssetExplorer will help you scan assets distributed across multiple sites. Install AssetExplorer in your remote sites where you want to scan assets. When scanning is complete, you will be able to export the data from the remote AssetExplorer server in the site and import it in your central AssetExplorer Server.
» ReadMe for Build 4012
- Attachments not being displayed in old contracts.
- Problem in scanning workstations which has two entries for the same software in the registry.
» ReadMe for Build 4011
- Stand alone workstation audit i.e., provision to scan workstations not in network, copy the inventory data and import it in to AssetExplorer server.
- Scan for printer configuration details from workstations.
- Scan for software installation date.
- Provision to add new software type and software category.
- License keys not fetched from Microsoft Office 2007.
- Oracle client installation not being scanned.
- No able to delete a domain.
- Not able to stop scanning from the Windows domain scan popup window.
- Physical memory conversion issues in reports.
- Manually modified servicetag getting changed in subsequent scan.
» ReadMe for Build 4010
- Asset Lease Expiry Notification.
- Workstation-Server classfication.
- Workstation state automatically changing to "In Store" state.
- Exceptions when scanning a workstation through WMI Scan Script.
- Memory shortage problem during importing users from Active Directory.
» ReadMe for Build 4009
- WMI Logon Scripts to push the Hardware and software inventory into AssetExplorer Server.
- Provision to attach Documents to all Assets.
- Problem while deleting Domains.
- Workstation Audit History Problem in large DHCP enabled networks.
- Workstations inventory not getting updated on successful re-scans.
» ReadMe for Build 4008
- Support for fetching inventory details of Printers, Routers and Switches.
- Support for modifying the Product and Product Type of any asset.
» ReadMe for Build 4005
- Scan for Windows service packs and hotfixes.
- Scan for software in Linux workstations.
- Support for resource and workstation addtional fields in reports.
- Enhanced import workstations from CSV file.
- Unable to allocate more than 10 software licenses from a particular software page.
» ReadMe for Build 4004
- Scan range of IP address in Network Scan.
- Support for scanning Mac workstations.
- SSH support for scanning Linux and Mac workstations.
- Provision to configure scan credentials for individual workstation.
- Bulk modification of scan credentials from workstation list view.
» ReadMe for Build 4002
- Unable to schedule more than one report.
- Unable to view assets associated with a Purchase order if the name of the asset is modified.
- Organizational units not being listed when hierarchy in AD is modified.
- If some users are deleted and import users from AD is performed, the deleted users are not getting added.
- Option for bulk modification of state in Workstations and Assets list view.
» ReadMe for Build 4001
- Unable to start both AssetExplorer and ServiceDesk Plus as windows service in the same machine.