In this section we will discuss about the mandatory and optional parameters that could be passed in the query string of every API call.
Ticket is a session specific ID that is to be generated and passed along with every API call. To generate the ticket id, users have to send the authentication details (user name and password) to ManageEngine Accounts. Click Here for steps for getting the ticket id.
The received ticket id has to be passed along in every API request.
The service name to be passed as parameter to ManageEngine Accounts for generating the Ticked ID is "ManageEngineReports"
Ticket Id is a temporary id and have to be invalidated after every "session".
This parameter specifies the action to be performed by the API request. The allowed values are:
- ADDROW - To add a row of data into a table
- IMPORT - To import data in bulk into a table in CSV/TSV/Tabular Text formats
- UPDATE - To update existing rows in a table
- DELETE - To delete rows in a table
- EXPORT - To export table or report in different formats.
- DATABASEMETADATA - To fetch information about the databases and the reports created within it, in your Zoho Reports account.
- Value of ZOHO_ACTION parameter should be in the same case(UPPER CASE) as given in this document.
This parameter specifies the output format for the response. Following are the following supported formats:
Incase ZOHO_ACTION is EXPORT then following additional formats are supported
Specifies the output format for the response in case an error occurs when trying to process the request. Following are the supported formats:
As mentioned in Prerequisites you need to get an API key to use the Zoho Reports API. Click Here for steps for getting the API key. This parameter should be passed with the API key that you would have got from Zoho.
The API version of Zoho Reports based on which the application(/service) has been written. This parameter allows the Zoho Reports to handle applications based on the older versions.
The current API version is 1.0
These parameters have to be sent in the body of the POST request.
This parameter can be used during Import of data, which has a date column, whose format is not properly identified by Zoho Reports.
View this link for more details about how to construct a custom date format.