MS SQL server settings
MS SQL is a database system which stores and manages information. By integrating ADManager Plus and MS SQL server, users can be automatically created in Active Directory based on the new user data entered in the MS SQL database.
Steps to configure 'MS SQL server' settings:
- Click the 'Admin' tab.
- Select 'Integrations' located under 'Personalize'.
- Click 'MS SQL Server' located under 'Third party Integrations'.
- In the 'MS SQL Server Settings' page, configure the following:
- Server Name: Enter the server name.
- Instance Name: Enter the instance name and port number.
- Authentication type: Select any of the following authentication types:
- SQL Authentication: Enter 'User name' and 'Password' for authentication.
- Windows Authentication: Enter 'Domain Name', 'User name' and 'Password' for authentication.
- Click 'Test Connection and Save' to establish connection and save the settings.
Steps to add a new configuration:
- Click on 'Add a new configuration'.
- In the 'Description' field enter the details about the new configuration.
- Configure the following details:
- Database Name: Select the database name from the menu.
- Table Name: Enter the name of the table in MS SQL database.
- Fetch the input for user creation from the MS SQL table by mapping 'DB Column Name' to the 'LDAP Attribute Name'.
- Click 'Save' to save the new configuration.
Steps to automate user creation:
- Click on 'Automation' tab.
- Select 'Automation' from the left pane.
- Click on 'Create New Automation' and configure the following:
- Automation Name: Enter a name for the automation.
- Description: Add a brief note about the automation.
- Automation Category: Choose 'User Automation' from the menu.
- Select Domain: Select the domain/OUs where the automation should run. Child OUs can be eliminated by selecting 'Exclude Child OU(s)' option.
- Automation Task/Policy: Select 'Create Users' from the menu.
- Template to be applied: Select the template to be applied for user creation.
- Select Data Source: Click on 'More Options' beside the 'Location of CSV' option. Select 'MS SQL Server' from the menu. Enable 'Ignore current records in DB' to ignore the already processed records and consider only the unprocessed records in the MS SQL table for user creation.
- Select Config: Select a configuration from the menu. Or click on Add New Configuration to add new configuration settings.
- Implement Business Workflow: Select this option if the automation has to be executed through a workflow.
- Execution Time: Configure the automation execution time and repeat the execution using 'hourly', 'daily','weekly','monthly', or 'more' options.
- Click 'Save' to save the settings or 'Save & Run' to save the settings and run the automation instantly.