Applying mail server's certificate in ServiceDesk Plus
- 1. To establish a secure connection between and email servers configured with a self-signed certificate, follow these steps:
- 2. Download the files from the link provided in the comments section.
- 3. Extract the files to the ServiceDesk Plus directory.
- 4. The files will now be in the following location: gencert.bat under [your drive]: ManageEngine\ServiceDesk directory.
- 5. Cert.jar should be under [your drive]:ManageEngine\ServiceDesk\lib directory.
- 6. Click the "Windows icon" and select Command Prompt (Run as administrator).
- 7. Go to ServiceDesk and run gencert.bat [Mail server IP]:[Mail protocol port]. Type "1" when you are prompted with an exception PKIX.
- 8. Move the 'jssecacerts' file created to the location [your drive]: ManageEngine\Servicedesk\jre\lib\security folder.
- 9. Start the ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus service from the Services console(services.msc)
- 10. Save the incoming mail server settings (under Admin --> Mail Server Settings) and click "Start Fetching".
- 11. If the mails are not fetched, generate the support file and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 12. To create the support file, go to Support or Community --> Support File.
Resources for further reading