DataSecurity Plus Release Notes
Build 5011 (May 2019)
Build 5010 (April 2019)
- Technician audit - Monitor all activities carried out in DataSecurity Plus by all technicians.
- SIEM integration - Forward all file server audit data to your Syslog server or Splunk.
- The risk assessment module allows you to:
- View the details of in-progress risk assessment scans, including start time, files completed, number of violations, and more.
- Export files scanned report.
- Stop the risk assessment scan that are in progress.
- Perform incremental file scan - Scan only the unscanned, new and modified files.
- Other DataSecurity Plus enhancements include:
- GUI enhancements to comply with GDPR requirements.
- Option to disable DataSecurity Plus highlights slider in login page.
- Option to set a default domain in login page.
- Password protection for exported and archived files containing sensitive data.
- Ability to stop event collection when free disk space falls below the specified threshold limit.
- Issue in maintaining threshold limit for alerts generated in a day.
- Unable to configure an alert with a new name.
- Unable to add groups and OUs under username while creating alert profiles in some cases.
Other minor fixes.
Build 5004 (December 2018)
The following issues have been resolved in this release:
- Issue in starting the event collection driver in certain versions of Windows Server 2016.
- Unable to exclude events based on client IP and host name.
Build 5003 (November 2018)
- Event collection speed and performance has been improved.
- The following operations have been automated
- Enabling file server setup after relicensing.
- Update of ransomware file types to default alert profiles.
- The following issues have been resolved in this release:
- Unable to audit folder delete events.
- Issue which freezes the web console while clicking email notifications.
- Duplicate values for 'read' and 'read deny' events.
- Unable to add action type to exclude configuration.
- Issue in displaying username in access audit graphs.
- Unable to audit multiple cluster CAPs.
Build 5002 (July 2018)
The following issues have been resolved in this release:
- When the product was launched using Internet Explorer.
- Dropdown boxes not working.
- Risk assessment module date field showing 'Nan'
- Unable to add technician.
- Unable to change alert mail content and subject.
- Unable to attach drive in turkish language machine.
- No RPC & HTTP communication in cluster.
- Issue in getting correct cluster information when multiple clusters configured.
- Issue in group and OU rule configuration.
- Other minor fixes.
Build 5001 (May 2018)
Build 5000 (May 2018)
- Risk assessment (Data discovery) - Identify, track, and report instances of personal data stored in files, folders, or shares.
- Advanced filtering options for detailed file access audit.
- Ability to configure inclusion and exclusion rules for file access audit and alert profiles.
- Exclude configuration now supports a wide range of criteria.
- Revamped graphs across all reports and alerts for enhanced user experience.
This release also features minor fixes.
Build 4302 (April 2018)
- Agent start-up issue in Windows server 2003 -fixed.
Build 4301 (March 2018)
- Minor issue fixes and improvements.
Build 4300 (February 2018)
- DataSecurity Plus now supports Windows Failover Cluster auditing.
- Generate new reports on-demand for junction points, network based open sessions, and open files.
- Auto-update of known ransomware file types.
- Product notifications to notify and help troubleshoot data collection issues.
The following issues have been resolved
- Multiple client IPs/host names in a single event.
- Recognition of all special characters in username, password, and all other fields.
- SID values for local accounts in some events.
- Event dump overflow.
- Other minor fixes
Build 4211 (November 2017)
- File servers could not be added when the product was launched using Internet Explorer.
- Issue with event processing after server restart.
- Issue in scheduling reports when the time is in PM.
- Unable to mail reports generated without authentication.
- Driver start-up issues in Windows Server 2016.
Build 4210 (October 2017)
- Generate on demand reports on shares, effective permssions, like privileged users, and orphaned files.
- Classify files based on type, category and ownership.
- E-mail alerts to notify data collection issues.
- Support for Windows Server 2016.
- Performance enhancement for generation and exporting of reports.
- The keyboard numpad issue is fixed.
- Exporting Japanese and Chinese characters- issue fixed
- Agent side makeover for better performance.
- Agent installation and share selection fails- issue fixed.
Build 4201 (June 2017)
Build 4200 (May 2017)
- Audit, report and get alerted on non-domain (workgroup) file servers.
- View registry properties of agent.
- Experience accelerated event processing.
- Delete custom report views.
- Customize alert table columns.
- Prioritize alert mails.
- Automate response to alerts that get triggered by executing batch commands.
- Identify cross-domain users issue- fixed.
- Configure mail server when authentication is disabled issue- fixed.
- Authentication of password with special characters issue- fixed.
Build 4120 (February 2017)
- View share and security permissions of configured files/folders in the file server with 'Permission' report.
- View properties such as 'Size, Files count, Folders count' of configured files/folders in the file server with 'Properties' report.
- Audit, report and get alerted on files/folders whose extension has been changed
- Use Regex patterns to define which objects are to be excluded from auditing.
- Configure technicians when using Internet Explorer issue- fixed.
- Auditing of read deny events issue- fixed.
- A host of other minor issues have also been fixed to further enhance performance.
Build 4111 (December 2016)
- Performance enhancements for faster report loading.
Build 4110 (December 2016)
- Identify the machine (machine name and IP address)- from which the event was triggered.
- Domain & server wise exclude 'computer accounts' from being monitored.
- Configure drives under local folder in basic file server configuration.
- Eliminate deny events for admin, arising due to User Account Control.
- A host of minor issues have been fixed to improve performance.
Build 4101 (November 2016)
- Events not reported after applying patch issue- fixed.
- Configuring specific folder within share issue- fixed.
- Minor bug fixes.
Build 4100 (November 2016)
ManageEngine DataSecurity Plus has undergone a major revamp. The new build is easier to use and is also packed with additional features that ensure better data security and information management within your windows file server environment.
- ‘Access Analysis Reports‘- Pre-configured reports that provide a summary view of the- Most accessed/modified files, Most accesses by process/user and Files accessed/modified after N days.
- ‘Storage Analysis Reports‘- Help isolate old, stale (unused), unmodified, large, hidden and non-business files and also provides graphical insight into how your disk space is being utilized.
- Threshold based alerts- Lets the admin define a threshold limit beyond which alerts can be triggered, which allows for detection of ransomware and other similar attacks for instance.
- Local files/folders can be audited.
- Specific folders within any share can be audited (sub-shares).
- Custom time periods can be defined.
- ‘Access Audit Report’ has additional filters and custom views can also be created here.
- Exclude users, file types, file name/ local path/ process name from being monitored both domain/server wise now.
- Mail Server TLS configuration issue- fixed.
- Business hour configuration issue- fixed.
- Exporting huge volumes of data issue- fixed.
Build 4016 (May 2016)
- DataSecurity Plus Agent .net 4.6.1 not supported issue- Fixed
Build 4015 (May 2016)
- Memory usage has been optimized to handle large volumes of data dump from the agents.
- Updating domain credentials in IE browser issue- fixed.
- Changing encryption types under mail server configuration issue- fixed.
- E-mailing of disk space alerts issue- fixed.
Build 4010 (March 2016)
- Filters to export required data from reports.
- DataSecurity Plus Agent .net 4.0 supported.
- Agent performance improved.
- Search in server and share configuration issue- fixed.
- Existing domain controllers getting removed when adding new DC's issue- fixed.
- Auditing getting stopped after disabling server in configuration issue- fixed.
Build 4002 (March 2016)
- JRE migration from version 6 to 8.
- Postgres migration from version 9.2.4 to 9.4.4
Build 4000 (Dec 2015)
- Agent based auditing- Monitor file / folder related activities in real time.
- Pre-configured reports- Keep track of all file / folder related activities like read, write, overwrite, delete, moved, renamed & permission changes.
- Real time email alerts- Straight to your inbox with in-depth event analysis.
- Schedule Reports- Automate periodic report generation for analysis.
- Compliance requirements- Export data to CSV, PDF, XLS & HTML formats to satisfy compliance requirements of SOX, PCI and FISMA.
- Dashboard- Graphical representation of important audit data.
- Flat UI- Utmost clarity & ease of use.
- Disk space alerts.
- Archive Data - Save disk space with data archiving, also restore data when required.