How to send log files to the Device Control Plus support team?
When you face issues while working with Device Control Plus, it is mandatory for our experts to refer to your logs to resolve the issues you are facing. To provide an appropriate solution for your issue, you must send us log files along with a description of the issue and screen shots,depending on the issue. You can follow this document and upload the required logs.
There are two stages in sending the log files, they are:
- Extracting the logs
- Sending it to Device Control Plus support
List of Device Control Plus Log Files and their Locations
The following are the list of logs, that might be needed for trouble shooting purposes. You can find the steps to archive the logs and the steps involved in sending it to the Device Control Plus support.
Device Control Plus Server (Path format: <server installed directory>\logs
Path example: C:\Program Files\ServerInstalledDirectory\logs
Note: <Install_Dir> refers to the directory where the Device Control Plus server is installed.
You need to upload Distribution Server logs, if you are facing problems on managing your remote office computers.
<Installation_Directory>\ DeviceControlPlus_DistributionServer\ logs.
For example,C:\Program Files\ DeviceControlPlus_DistributionServer\ logs
Device Control Plus Windows Agent (Path format: <agent installed directory>\logs Path example: C:\Program Files (x86)\UEMS_Agent\UES_Agent\logs)
From the computer, where you have installed the Device Control Plus agent, perform the following operations:
- Go to command prompt and navigate to the location, where Device Control Plus Agent is installed.
For example: C:\Program Files <x86>\DeviceControlPlus_Agent\bin
- Type, dcagenttrayicon.exe -logs and press enter
- You can see that the Device Control Plus logs will be extracted and archived in the DeviceControlPlus_Agent folder.
The file will be saved in .7z format, the file name will be 1_<system name>_ZOHOCORP.7z (Example: 1_win2000_ZOHOCORP.7z)
You can upload/send this log file to the Device Control Plus support team.
Sending it to Device Control Plus support
Ensure that the log files are zipped and ready to be uploaded. You can use HTTP option to upload files whose size is less than 20 GB. To send log files using the HTTP mode, follow the steps given below:
- From a web browser, connect to http://bonitas2.zohocorp.com/
- Under Products, choose Device Control Plus
- Specify the Ticket Id, if you have one
- Add the modules, of which the logs are uploaded
- Specify your email address and the address to receive notifications
- Specify the reason
- Click Add files to browse and select the required, zipped, log files
- Click Upload
The zipped log files are successfully uploaded.