File Audit Plus Release Notes
Build 4201 (June 2017)
Build 4200 (May 2017)
- Audit, report and get alerted on non-domain (workgroup) file servers.
- View registry properties of agent.
- Experience accelerated event processing.
- Delete custom report views.
- Customize alert table columns.
- Prioritize alert mails.
- Automate response to alerts that get triggered by executing batch commands.
- Identify cross-domain users issue- fixed.
- Configure mail server when authentication is disabled issue- fixed.
- Authentication of password with special characters issue- fixed.
Build 4120 (February 2017)
- View share and security permissions of configured files/folders in the file server with 'Permission' report.
- View properties such as 'Size, Files count, Folders count' of configured files/folders in the file server with 'Properties' report.
- Audit, report and get alerted on files/folders whose extension has been changed
- Use Regex patterns to define which objects are to be excluded from auditing.
- Configure technicians when using Internet Explorer issue- fixed.
- Auditing of read deny events issue- fixed.
- A host of other minor issues have also been fixed to further enhance performance.
Build 4111 (December 2016)
- Performance enhancements for faster report loading.
Build 4110 (December 2016)
- Identify the machine (machine name and IP address)- from which the event was triggered.
- Domain & server wise exclude 'computer accounts' from being monitored.
- Configure drives under local folder in basic file server configuration.
- Eliminate deny events for admin, arising due to User Account Control.
- A host of minor issues have been fixed to improve performance.
Build 4101 (November 2016)
- Events not reported after applying patch issue- fixed.
- Configuring specific folder within share issue- fixed.
- Minor bug fixes.
Build 4100 (November 2016)
ManageEngine FileAudit Plus has undergone a major revamp. The new build is easier to use and is also packed with additional features that ensure better data security and information management within your windows file server environment.
- ‘Access Analysis Reports‘- Pre-configured reports that provide a summary view of the- Most accessed/modified files, Most accesses by process/user and Files accessed/modified after N days.
- ‘Storage Analysis Reports‘- Help isolate old, stale (unused), unmodified, large, hidden and non-business files and also provides graphical insight into how your disk space is being utilized.
- Threshold based alerts- Lets the admin define a threshold limit beyond which alerts can be triggered, which allows for detection of ransomware and other similar attacks for instance.
- Local files/folders can be audited.
- Specific folders within any share can be audited (sub-shares).
- Custom time periods can be defined.
- ‘Access Audit Report’ has additional filters and custom views can also be created here.
- Exclude users, file types, file name/ local path/ process name from being monitored both domain/server wise now.
- Mail Server TLS configuration issue- fixed.
- Business hour configuration issue- fixed.
- Exporting huge volumes of data issue- fixed.
Build 4016 (May 2016)
- FileAudit Plus Agent .net 4.6.1 not supported issue- Fixed
Build 4015 (May 2016)
- Memory usage has been optimized to handle large volumes of data dump from the agents.
- Updating domain credentials in IE browser issue- fixed.
- Changing encryption types under mail server configuration issue- fixed.
- E-mailing of disk space alerts issue- fixed.
Build 4010 (March 2016)
- Filters to export required data from reports.
- FileAudit Plus Agent .net 4.0 supported.
- Agent performance improved.
- Search in server and share configuration issue- fixed.
- Existing domain controllers getting removed when adding new DC's issue- fixed.
- Auditing getting stopped after disabling server in configuration issue- fixed.
Build 4002 (March 2016)
- JRE migration from version 6 to 8.
- Postgres migration from version 9.2.4 to 9.4.4
Build 4000 (Dec 2015)
- Agent based auditing- Monitor file / folder related activities in real time.
- Pre-configured reports- Keep track of all file / folder related activities like read, write, overwrite, delete, moved, renamed & permission changes.
- Real time email alerts- Straight to your inbox with in-depth event analysis.
- Schedule Reports- Automate periodic report generation for analysis.
- Compliance requirements- Export data to CSV, PDF, XLS & HTML formats to satisfy compliance requirements of SOX, PCI and FISMA.
- Dashboard- Graphical representation of important audit data.
- Flat UI- Utmost clarity & ease of use.
- Disk space alerts.
- Archive Data - Save disk space with data archiving, also restore data when required.