How to Configure Mail Server settings using Gmail Account?
This document provides you the steps involved in using Gmail account to configure Mail Server Settings.
- If you use Two Factor Authentication in your Gmail account, you must use the App password to configure mail server setting. Click here for more details
- You will have to allow/enable "less secure apps" settings on the Gmail account to complete the configuration. Steps to allow less secure apps
Follow the below-mentioned steps on the Central server to complete the mail server configuration
- Click the Admin tab on the web console.
- Under Server Settings, click Mail Server Settings
- Specify the following information:
- Server Name: smtp.gmail.com
- Port: 465 (SSL) / 587 (TLS)
- Sender Email Address: Your email address
- Test Email Address: email address to receive test emails.
- Email Type: SMTP / SMTPS
- Enable TLS: Yes / No. If you choose 'No', then SSL will be set as default.
- You need to enable authentication for configuring Gmail account.
- Username: Specify your email address.
- Password: Specify your password.
You have successfully configured the mail server using Gmail account.