Patch Manager Plus Server Not Reachable!
You have problems in reaching the Patch Manager Plus server or Distribution Server, and you run the "Agent Diagnostic Tool". You get an Error "Server Not Reachable!", during the process.
You will encounter this error due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Patch Manager Plus Server/Distribution Server has been Stopped
- Patch Manager Plus Server/Distribution Server has been configured with a new IP address
- Patch Manager Plus Server/Distribution Server has been migrated
- Computer on which Patch Manager Plus Server/Distribution Server has been installed has been shutdown
- Ports blocked on the firewall of the Patch Manager Plus Server/Distribution Server
You need to verify the following the steps mentioned below :
- Open command prompt and type "tracert" followed by server's IP address. For Example : tracert 184.108.40.206
- The TRACERT diagnostic utility determines the route taken to a destination by sending Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) echo packets with varying IP Time-To-Live (TTL) values to the destination.
The TRACERT command can be used to determine where a packet stopped on the network. In the following example, the default gateway has determined that there is not a valid path for the host on 220.127.116.11.
There is probably a router configuration problem or the 18.104.22.168 network does not exist (a bad IP address).
Tracing route to 22.214.171.124 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 126.96.36.199 reports: Destination net unreachable. Trace complete.
- Ping the server ip ( ip:port) using browser and see if it gets connected. If not, check the error it throws.
- If you still can not reach the Patch Manager Plus server, then verify the port numbers that needs to be open on the Patch Manager Plus firewall.
In case you are not able to troubleshoot the error, and the problem still persists, then contact support team with the Log files.