Server Not Reachable!
You have problems in reaching the Central Server or Distribution Server, and you run the "Agent Diagnostic Tool". You get an Error "Server Not Reachable!", during the process.
You will encounter this error due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Central Server/Distribution Server has been Stopped
- Central Server/Distribution Server has been configured with a new IP address
- Central Server/Distribution Server has been migrated
- Computer on which Central Server/Distribution Server has been installed has been shutdown
- Ports blocked on the firewall of the Central Server/Distribution Server
You need to verify the following the steps mentioned below :
- Open command prompt and type "tracert" followed by Central Server's IP address. For Example : tracert 126.96.36.199
- The TRACERT diagnostic utility determines the route taken to a destination by sending Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) echo packets with varying IP Time-To-Live (TTL) values to the destination.
The TRACERT command can be used to determine where a packet stopped on the network. In the following example, the default gateway has determined that there is not a valid path for the host on 188.8.131.52.
There is probably a router configuration problem or the 184.108.40.206 network does not exist (a bad IP address).
Tracing route to 220.127.116.11 over a maximum of 30 hops
1 18.104.22.168 reports: Destination net unreachable. Trace complete.
- Ping the Central Server ip ( ip:port) using browser and see if it gets connected. If not, check the error it throws.
- If you still can not reach the Central Server, then verify the port numbers that needs to be open on the Central Server's firewall.
In case you are not able to troubleshoot the error, and the problem still persists, then contact support team with the Log files.