Wait Operation Timed Out
You're trying to install some patches and you see the following error: "Wait Operation Timed Out".
Some of the possible reasons for this issue could be:
- Reboot Pending
- Multiple Tasks running during installation
- Corrupted Component Store
- Reboot pending in the system.
- Reboot the system and re-deploy the failed patches.
- If the problem still persists, navigate to C:\Windows\WinSxS\ , delete all the files with name starting with "pending.xml****" and redeploy the failed patches.
- Delete all BITS jobs
- Run CMD as an administrator and execute the following command:
- Restart the system.
- Redeploy the failed patches.
- Stop all the tasks and re-deploy the failed patches.
- Multiple tasks might be running at the time of patch installation. Hence the installation might not get enough RAM for processing.
- Fix the Component Store corruption.
- If the component store has been corrupted, follow this article to fix it: Link
If the issue persists even after following the above mentioned resolution, please feel free to contact Support