ManageEngine ADManager Plus Release Notes
Highlights of Build 6280
Office 365 License Management helps you assign, replace or remove the licenses of multiple AD users who are enrolled in Office 365, in one single action. Further, to make it easy for you to specify the users whose licenses have to be modified, this feature provides an option to import the list of users from a CSV file.
Copy AD Group feature allows you to copy the attributes/settings of any group in your Active Directory and use the copied values to create a new:
- Distribution or Security group in AD, or
- Group creation template
This feature also gives you the option of copying either all the attributes or only specific attributes such as the container, group type/scope, memberOf, members, etc., from the desired group.
LDAPS Support which allows you to communicate securely with the Active Directory.
- Reinforced security: This release fortifies the protective mechanism with a fix to guard against the CSRF vulnerability.
- Additional input field types for Custom Attributes: To make it easy to specify the values for custom attributes, you can now pick the most appropriate input field type from the new options such as combo box, editable combo box and date picker.
This release includes fixes for the following issues:
- Not being able to logon using the password obtained through random password generation.
- Helpdesk technicians' description getting replaced with the description mentioned in AD.
- Error in generating the Licensed O365 users report.
- Not being able to view all the configured File Servers in File Server management.
- Error when using %sAMAccountName% as SIP URI format for Lync enabled users.
Highlights of Build 6271
'Reactive' Group Modification Template: These templates help you standardize the process of modifying AD groups and also automatically populate specific attributes during the single group modification process via:
- - Customizable Layout: With simple 'drag-n-drop' actions, you can place only the desired attributes in the templates; you can also make any attribute editable, read-only or hidden during the modification process. With customized templates, you can provide role-based access to helpdesk technicians for modifying AD groups
- - Reactive modification rules: You can configure conditions to be checked whenever an AD group is modified and auto-update specific attributes, if the conditions are satisfied. These rules are triggered in the background whenever a group is modified and the specified fields are automatically populated with appropriate values.
- Cross-domain support in single group creation and modification - you can now add users and also contacts from different domains as members of a group; also, you can now add contacts to groups via single group creation and modification.
- Reset computer accounts feature to help you reset the passwords of computers that cannot connect to the domain as they cannot be authenticated by the domain controller
- Multiple group selection in 'Users not in groups' report: You can now select multiple groups while specifying the ones based on which this report has to be generated; fetches all the users who are not members of any of the specified groups
- Enhanced random password generator: the password policy now offers advanced options like exclude characters, dictionary words, etc. for more efficient and secure password policy generation, in compliance with the organization's password policy
- Users with empty attributes report now brings custom user attributes also under is scope; will now fetch users even if their custom attribute is empty
- Enhanced error indicators for the failed CSV-import operations now offer detailed error messages for greater understanding about the reason for the error.
- While performing single user modification, you can now sort the list of users displayed alphabetically, to locate the desired user without much effort.
- The AD objects search, located inside the product, now lists the objects in the search result in alphabetical order.
This release has fixes for the following issues:
- Not being able to disable and move user accounts via automation.
- Issues in helpdesk technician not being able to reset passwords
- Not displaying the names of requesters (users) who are not helpdesk technicians, while configuring the assigning rules
- Issues in updating the 'Country' attribute of users in AD via bulk user modification
- Product does not start when Java crashes due to 'out of memory'
- 'No Lync server found' message being displayed in the user creation templates randomly
Highlights of Build 6260
Inactive Office 365 users report: This report lists all the Office 365 users who have not accessed their Exchange Online mailboxes during the specified time period.
CSV-based computer modification: This feature helps you modify the attributes of Active Directory computers, in bulk, by importing a CSV file which has the list of computers and their attributes to be modified.
Computers with duplicate attributes report: This report displays all the computers which have duplicate values for the specified attribute.
OS filter in OS-based computers report: While selecting the operating systems to generate the OS-based computers report, you can use this filter to view the list of only the server operating systems or all the operating systems (server as well as client versions) used in the organization.
The following issues have been fixed in this release:
- Issue in setting the Dial-in attribute's value for AD users via single user modification
- Names of objects modified via bulk user modification feature (using a CSV file) not being displayed in helpdesk audit reports
- Issue in selecting the required domains for generating the photo-based users report
Highlights of Build 6250, 6251
Exclude Child OUs filter: For AD management/reporting tasks, this filter allows you to precisely select the particular OUs only in which the specified management/reporting tasks have to be executed, by allowing you to exclude their child OUs from being modified/affected by the task.
'Remove users/computers from all groups' option: For pruning the group membership of user and computer objects, instead of going through the list of each group that they belong to, and then removing them from all the irrelevant groups one by one, you can use this option to remove them from all the groups that they are currently members of, and then add them only to the desired groups.
Copy Help Desk Role: You can use this feature to create a new helpdesk role by just copying the settings of an existing helpdesk role. Instead of creating a new role from the scratch, this feature allows you to use any existing role as a building block for creating a new role.
- In automation, issue in removing a filter criterion when the value contains special characters has been fixed
- Helpdesk technicians not being able to change admin passwords which contain special characters has been fixed
- When applying custom templates, issue in providing a longer user logon name, like a logon name consisting of 20 characters, is now fixed
- Issue of helpdesk technicians, with super-admin privilege, not being able to access the support tab is now rectified
- Custom attributes now support multi-value proxyAddresses in single and bulk user creation as well as single user modification
- Issues in exporting scheduled report to Excel is now fixed
- Issue in denying the 'set as primary group' option during single user creation and single user modification is now fixed
- Issue in automatic selection of mailbox servers is fixed; this option is now available for Exchange Server versions 2010 and later
- Changes to domain name not reflecting in the Exchange tab during single user creation is now fixed
- Performance issues in single user modification have been rectified
Highlights of build 6241
Google Apps User Provisioning: You can now provision Google Apps user accounts, automatically, via ADManager Plus. Along with the existing Office 365 user creation ability, this feature makes it easy to manage the users' identities in the cloud.
BitLocker Recovery Keys Report: This report helps in unlocking or recovering data from the drives, which are protected by BitLocker encryption, by fetching their corresponding volume and recovery GUIDs, recovery passwords and also their Key Packages in downloadable format.
Photo-based User Report: This report helps you identify the Active Directory users who have a profile photo. This report also helps you zero in on the users who don't have a profile photo.
- Issue in displaying the default domain during group management operations has been fixed
- Issue in execution of automation when new files are added to a shared location, which is already being used is fixed now
- Empty reports issue in scheduled generation of audit reports is now fixed
- Issue in generating computer reports from MSSQL database has been fixed
- Issue in removing a distribution group during contact modification is fixed now
Highlights of build 6230
Office 365 Reports:You can now obtain vital details about all the users, groups and licenses of your Office 365 environment using the following new reports:
- All Users: This report gives you the list of all the users in your Office 365 setup.
- License Details: License-specific information such as the list of all licenses, the corresponding number of active units, number of units used, number of units in warning state, suspended units, locked out units, etc. can be obtained via this report.
- Licensed Users: This report lists all the users for whom Office 365 licenses have been assigned, along with the respective list of services assigned to them.
- Unlicensed Users: Using this report you can identify the list of all users who do not have any license assigned to them.
- All Groups: You can fetch the list of all the groups in your Office 365 environment.
- Security Groups: This report helps you identify all the security groups in Office 365 setup along with their last DirSyn time.
- Distribution Groups: This report lists all the distribution groups in your Office 365 setup along with their last DirSync time.
- Issue in opening an exported CSV file, which has Japanese characters, using Japanese version of Excel is fixed.
- Office 365 user attributes have been updated to include the latest changes introduced by Microsoft.
- Issues in applying multiple rules in user modification templates have been fixed.
- Issue in creating a user with more than one proxy address, when Office 365 settings are configured, has been fixed.
- HTML injection vulnerability has been fixed.
- When ADManager Plus is started as a service, the issue of browser process not stopping even after ADManager Plus service is stopped, has been fixed.
- Incorrect account expiry date issue in bulk user modification is corrected.
- Issue in displaying the 'date' field in Excel format has been fixed.
- Issue of 'Reject Message from' value getting changed, when the members attribute of a group is modified, via single group modification, is fixed now.
- Error in saving the user template after deleting the Exchange tab, if Office 365 is enabled in ADManager Plus, has been corrected.
- Issue in selecting OU in 'Real Last Logon' report is now fixed.
Highlights of build 6220, 6221
Copy User: This feature allows you to copy the attributes/settings of any user account in your Active Directory and use the copied values to create a new:
- User account
- User creation template
The advantage of this feature is, instead of copying a user account entirely, this feature also allows you to pick and choose only specific attributes like User Account Control (UAC) attributes, Terminal Services attributes, Custom attributes, etc., that you wish to copy from a user account.
New group-based reports: Active Directory group reporting gets more detailed with the addition of these new reports:
- Recently created groups: fetches all the groups that were created during the specified time frame.
- Recently modified groups: lists all the groups whose attributes were modified within a particular time period.
- Recently deleted groups: identifies all the groups that were deleted from your Active Directory within a specific time span.
- The 'license details' window will now display the product architecture (64/32 bit) information also.
- In bulk user management, if the 'export as' option is used after performing a task/action, the report will also display the type of action performed, in addition to other details like the domain and the objects modified.
- The 'export as' option in Employee Search page can now be hidden by configuring the product database accordingly.
- The naming attributes (Logon name, Pre-windows logon name and Full name) can also be made silently active.
Highlights of build 6210
- Option to customize columns at the time of report scheduling and sort the reports using specific columns included.
- Support added for using Microsoft SQL server as a back end database server for ADManager Plus.
- NTFS report enhanced to handle large volume of data at the time of exporting.
- Issue in deleting memberOf attribute from Group Modification fixed.
- Issue in revoking a role under Security Management handled.
- Issue in listing C Drive in terminal services home directory resolved.
- Issue in increase in db size at the time of report generation fixed.
- Issue with change in Logon name at the time of creating an Office 365 user account resolved.
Highlights of build 6201,6202
- Issue in appearance of list of week days, at the time
of report scheduling handled
- Issue in full name containing special character, at the
time of creating a home folder in single user creation, corrected.
- Issue in duplication of row at the time of exporting a
Highlights of build 6200
added for MS Office 365
extented for provisioning
of user accounts in Microsoft Office 365.
Lync Management and reporting
Exchange policy settings
- You can now modify
policies such as conferencing, archiving and telephony, associated with
a specific Lync User.
- Option to enable,
disable or delete a user from the Lync Server control panel included.
- Reports for Lync
Enabled as well as LCS or OCS enabled users included.
- Reporting capabilities
added for Lync disabled users.
- You can now apply Exchange 2010/2013 policy settings such as
sharing, role assignment, retention, UM Policy and policies on
ActiveSync to appropriate mailboxes.
- Option to enable mailbox archiving included
- Exchange features
enhanced to support enabling and disabling of ActiveSync (2010,2013) /
User Initiated Synchronization(2003) and MAPI Protocol.
- Multiple 'OS
selection' enabled under OS based reports.
- Reset Password option
under Bulk User Modification enhanced. Separate delegation included for
actions under the same.
- Delegated actions
under 'Bulk User Modification' will hence be displayed based on the
- Single User
Modification templates enhanced to include 'Home Folder' Permissions
- Option to set custom
attributes included under modification rules for 'Single user' and
'Single Contact' modification
- Language settings for
the product can now be configured in 'Personalize' Page.
- Issue in setting custom period at the time of scheduling audit
- Issue in handling special characters at the time of displaying
object properties in AD Explorer corrected.
- Issue in clearing 'memberOf' attribute, post unchecking it in
Bulk User Modification resolved.
- Issue in user identification at the time of modifying 'Deliver'
options in Bulk User Modification handled.
- In 'Permission for folders' report, issue in selecting a computer
object under an OU name containing special characters corrected.
- Issue at the time of creating a department fixed. Leading white
- Issue in using 'Random Password' type in custom script resolved.
- Issue in creating groups with pre windows 2000 name greater than
20 characters fixed.
- Issue in naming reports, exported in XLS format corrected.
- Issue in displaying groups at the time of domain change resolved.
Highlights of build 6180
- Logon Hours Configuration:This new option
in single user creation feature empowers you to specify the appropriate
hours during which a user can login by configuring the 'logon hours'
attribute, right while creating a new user account. You can also set
the desired logon hours for any existing user via the enhanced single
user modification feature.
- Enhanced data selection popups:Selecting
the required accounts for any management or reporting operation gets
even more easy and convenient with the option to select the number of
accounts to be displayed in the pop-ups, displaying the matching
objects even as you key in the name in the search box, etc.
- Improved delivery restriction feature, in
bulk user modification, now allows you to set the desired size limit
for sending or receiving emails either in KB or MB, as required.
- Issues in viewing the 'users in groups' report in Excel
2013 format is fixed.
- Help desk technicians not being able to 'enable/disable'
users via 'single user modification' in specific scenarios is fixed.
- Issue while creating mail enabled users in non-English
Exchange environment has been fixed.
- While creating new users, the issue of naming format fields
sometimes not being displayed as per the specified naming-format has
Highlights of build 6173
- Employee Search can now be accessed using just the URL,
from anywhere, and not just from the product screen.
- Blank page issue in single user creation, if there are
spaces in the naming format used in the default template or the default
naming format has been fixed.
- The execution history of ADUpdateScheduler (one of the
default schedulers) not showing up in the 'Scheduler History' is fixed
- In single user modification, the issue of User's office
attribute not displaying the appropriate value in Active Directory is
- The issue of User account status being displayed as 'locked
out' even after it is unlocked has been corrected.
- Issue in saving contact creation templates if the
“Automatically Update Email Policy” option is not selected, is now
- Issue in finding users in the 'delivery options' in single
user modification is fixed now.
- In single user modification, issue in modifying the
“Requires that all senders are authenticated" and "Hide from Exchange
Address lists" options has been fixed.
- The issue of names being displayed with only one space,
even if naming formats are configured with multiple spaces has been
- Issue in creating the homefolder with the desired name if
the naming format is specified using LDAP attributes (%ldapname%) is
- Audit reports not displaying proper homedirectory values
for the 'move homefolder' operation (in bulk user modification) is
- Issue in displaying the Lync conferencing policies properly
in the templates even if the Lync settings have been enabled has been
- Issue of Lync servers sometimes not showing up in the
templates is fixed now.
- Not being able to modify a user via the single user
modification feature, if the user has 'Free/Busy Sharing' enabled is
- Issue in modifying mail enabled accounts in Office 365 via
the single user modification feature has been rectified.
Highlights of build 6170
- Logon hours configuration support included under Bulk User
- The details of modified attributes included in the HDT
Audit reports. Two new formats introduced to view the report - The
standard view and the summary view.
- Manage Users' Group Membership via iPhone app.
- Manager Can Update Group members Option included in Group
Modification with that Option.
- Hide / Display Password option included in Admin server
- 'Move home folder' feature significantly enhanced to
include an option to either delete or retain the existing home folder.
- Issue in Real last logon and Inactive Users report
generation due to high number of DCs addressed.
- Issue in Modifying the Account Expiry Time resolved.
- Problems with selection of child OUs with special
characters in IE handled.
- Issue in removing the description of computer object
- Issue in modifying a user's primary group using mobile app
has been fixed.
- Issue of difference in time at the time of exporting
'Inactive users' report corrected.
- Fixed issues in copying User Modification Templates with
- Issue in Email validation at the time of saving scheduled
- Creating Groups with more than 20 characters made possible.
- Lync Server display issue fixed.
- employeeID attribute can now be used to disable users
- Issue in Server Permission Report generation resolved.
Highlights of Service Pack 6.1 SP 6.0 and build 6151:
- Lync 2010/2013 support: With this new component
of ADManager Plus's user creation templates, you can configure all the
appropriate Lync server settings for your users even as you create new
accounts for them. While Lync makes intra-organizational communication
swift, the new user creation templates make even the process of
configuring / enabling intra-organizational communication equally swift.
- Exchange Server 2013 support: You can now
configure user mailboxes in Exchange Server 2013 and apply the
appropriate mailbox policies required to govern them as well; use all
the latest features and advantages innate to Exchange 2013 and make
your Exchange mailbox management efficient and top of the line.
- Drag-n-Drop Customization in user creation templates
to fine tune the process of creating new user accounts to fit your
organizational policies and requirements to a T; make any attribute
mandatory, read-only or even hidden as per your needs or based on the
technician to whom you will be assigning the user creation template.
- LCS/OCS configuration in user creation template:
The user creation console will now have a separate tab exclusively to
configure all the appropriate settings to enable instant communication
in your organization. This feature will enable you to specify the
appropriate value for LCS/OCS and even Lync Server settings from the
- Exchange 2010 Policies Support: You can now
configure Exchange mailboxes for the new user accounts that you are
provisioning and also apply the appropriate policies at the same time
using this feature.
- Revamped 'Avoid Duplication' feature to check
for duplication of critical/specific attributes at the desired level
(OU / Domain /Forest) and perform the appropriate operation to avoid
- Enhancements in 'User Modification Templates':
- Updates to organization attributes (Title, Department,
Offices and Companies) in 'Admin' tab will reflect in user modification
templates that have been already created.
- 'Member Of' attribute has been added to 'Modification Rules'
component in user modification templates.
- Delete users' existing group membership information during
the modification process.
- Unlock user accounts via templates during user modification
- Recursive naming formats will now be supported in users'
description and custom attributes.
- Execute a custom script on successful modification of a user
- Move users' to a different container during user modification
- Polish characters not exported in PDF format.
- Additional email address attribute in 'group creation template'.
- Hiding the new password generated during single user modification.
- Issues in Cleanup scheduler.
- Issues in authorizing HDTs for 'Move Home Folder' action.
Highlights of build 6140
- The scheduler has been enhanced to accommodate more accurate time
- 'Select only the appended objects from the file' option
has been added to help choose only the appended data while importing
records through iterations from a CSV.
- Filters in AD reports have been enhanced to drill down to the
specifics of reported data; Reports can now be filtered based on
attributes such as Primary Group, WhenChanged, whenCreated,
DisplayName, Account Expires, Bad Password Time, Lockout Time, Last
Logon Time, Last Logon Timestamp, Bad Pwd count, and Pwd status.
- Issue in setting “Deny” permissions over a mailbox during Bulk
User Modification has been fixed.
- Issue in creating Mailbox on Exchange Server 2007 when installed
on Windows server 2012 has been fixed.
- Issue in modifying external email address has been fixed; the
external email address in the additional mail address list will now be
replaced with the newly modified address.
- Issue in using configured custom attribute in CSV while creating
or modifying users via automation has been fixed.
Highlights of build 6130
- ADManager Plus Group Templates standardize the group creation
process. These templates store values and formats that are applied
automatically across all the group objects that are created using these
- The drag-and-drop option in Group Creation Templates helps
customize templates as per organizational needs to display or hide the
specific tabs or attributes as required.
- The UI for Single group creation is now more flexible and user
friendly with the fields categorized under General, Group and Exchange
- 'Managed by' field added to single group creation can be used
designate managers for the groups.
- Issues in configuring HDT, when many templates, OUs and roles
are assigned to him, have been fixed.
- Issue in setting 'Deny Permissions' over a mailbox while
performing set mailbox rights in Bulk User Modification has now
- Issue in importing 'UTF-8' format files in Automation and
Workflow during user creation/modification (using CSVs) has been fixed.
- Browser issue (IE) that occurs when the number of objects chosen
in 'delegate security role-step 1' is huge, has been fixed.
- The resultant page that occurs after 'user creation using CSV'
will no longer have export option issues in Firefox.
- Local groups will no longer be displayed in the 'add members'
options under Universal distribution group creation/modification.
Highlights of Build 6120
- The actions list has been enhanced. Modify
Users by CSV, Add To Group, Remove From Group actions have now been
- Option to enforce “user must change password at next logon”
in reset Password action has been provided.
- Filters have been introduced in library of reports for accurate
Reset password console
- A Quick visibility into User's account lock out status while
trying to reset password from the reset password console.
- Option in Naming Formats to define replacement characters
for 'umlaut accent' has been provided.
- Configuration for multiple domains in employee search.
- Export as PDF, excel, html and CSV options for results from
- Options for attribute-based user/contact search have been
- 'A HDT without permissions to generate a report can do so from
the dashboard when report count is zero' issue has been fixed.
- Special characters issue in HDT role name has been fixed.
- Issue in restoring users when parent OU has been deleted is now
fixed. Users will be restored in the 'users container'.
- Issue in clearing 'show in Address book attribute', when you
uncheck hide from address lists option in single group
modification has been fixed.
- UAC value issue while creating normal accounts through bulk user
creation has been fixed.
Highlights of Build 6110
- The value selected by the technicians for 'Show Rows' option, in
all the features that it is available, will now be saved.
- Delete groups option is now available in 'Groups without Members'
- 'OS Based Report' will now have the operating system of the
customer environment also in the OS list.
- Deleted computers showing up in computer selection pop-up windows
issue is fixed.
- Distribution Groups created with '#' in their name throwing up
'Properties on this object have invalid data' error when opened in
Exchange Management Console is fixed.
- Mismatch in 'password expiry date' in Real Last Logon report for
those users for whom PSO has been applied is fixed.
- Reset Password feature will now display the new passwords
generated as '**********' instead of the actual passwords in the result.
- 'OU' option not working in the 'Advance Filter' of Real Last
Logon report in IE Compatibility mode is fixed now.
Highlights of Build 6.1
- File Server Management: Manage the permissions
on multiple File Servers and workstations across your organization in
just one operation. This feature facilitates bulk modification and
removal of NTFS or Share permissions on Shared Folders and their
- Now you can also manage Active Directory 2012
(in Windows Server 2012) using ADManager Plus.
- This build also included support for Windows 8
- Remote PowerShell Support for Exchange 2010: Even
from a 32-bit machine and with just PowerShell 2.0 you can now create
mailboxes in Exchange 2010. You can accomplish this even if you do not
have Exchange Management Console (EMC) installed on your 32-bit
- Performance tuning for Exchange Management.
- Windows 8 and 2012 have been included in OS based Computer
- Issue in using 'Hide from Exchange Address Lists' option for
Groups has been fixed.
- Issue in fetching information about cross-domain members in
'Detailed Group Members report' has been fixed.
- Issue in setting/updating email address of users through a CSV
file, if it is mentioned as empty in the template being used has been
- Error in exporting filtered (partial) results from reports has
Highlights of Build 6012:
- Mailbox Storage Limits specified using single user modification
will be validated based on the version of mailbox Exchange Server.
- 'Automatically update e-mail addresses based on e-mail address
policy' attribute will also be available in reports now.
- Instead of only the OUs from primary domain, OU's of all the
selected domains will be displayed for 'Move Computers' option in
- In Single Group Modification while adding new members, HDTs can
now select Users, Computers as well as Contacts instead of only Groups.
- The complete value of Office attribute will be displayed as the
tool-tip text in User Creation Template.
- Unable to select AD Objects issue to Delegate Security Role while
using Internet Explorer 9 in Compatibility mode has been fixed.
- Select Country option not being saved issue in user creation
template has been fixed.
Highlights of build 6010:
- Date type columns will be exported as date fields while exporting
- Migration support for 6001 ,6002, 6003.
- Issue in setting dial-in properties during user creation and
modification has been fixed.
- Active sync support issues post 6000 build have been fixed.
- Exporting issues in group members report has been fixed.
- Auditing issues for remove members operation is fixed.
Highlights of build 6001, 6002, 6003:
This release refines 'Report Scheduler' to make it
more efficient with the following enhancements:
- Flexible Schedule Execution Frequency: The
enhanced scheduler provides more options to configure the execution time
and frequency of scheduled reports with flexible time
intervals such as yearly, quarterly, fortnightly, multiple days in a
week, every 15 minutes, etc.
- You can now Disable Email Notifications for
scheduled reports if the reports do not have any data in them.
- Filters are now available in scheduled reports
as well (for Inactive and Password Expired Users reports) to make sure
you get the specific and relevant data that you need.
- Blank attachments issue in email notification of scheduled
reports with no data has been fixed.
- Product Installation issues on non-English Operating systems is
Highlights of build 6000:
Automation: Set up
'end-to-end' automation of any AD task using the 'automation'
feature. Further, with 'automation policy', you can also set
up its time-based sequential follow-up tasks, as per your
organization's requirement. With the 'implement business workflow'
option, you can also set up a controlled workflow-based automation in
which the task will not progress unless the administrator/the
authorized technician gives the go ahead, at each stage of the workflow.
Single User Modification
with/without templates: It is now possible to modify any
existing single user account, with/without using any 'modification
template'. Using these templates, you can allow the help desk
technicians to view/modify only those fields that they are allowed
to, as per your requirement.
Single User Modification through
Rules: Specify the fields that should be automatically populated,
whenever a user account is modified by a help desk technician and these
rules will not be visible at all to the help desk technician.
With this feature, it is now possible to accurately specify and manage
the GPOs that should be applied to any target location. For any
Domain/OU/Site, administrators can now Enable/Disable GPOs
completely or only the User/Computer configuration settings, Add/Remove
GPOs, Enforce/Unenforce GPOs, and also Block/Unblock
GPO inheritance to Domains/OUs, exactly as required. Plus, view all the
GPOs available in all the configured domains along with their
status and the locations that they are linked to, from one central
The following enhancements have been made to the 'Workflow'
Quick-link to 'Create
Request': Requesters can now create requests for all the
management actions that they have permissions for, from just one
Add Requesters Directly:
Now, turn any AD user into a 'requester', even if the user is not a
help desk technician. Just select the required user(s), assign the
appropriate roles domain and save the settings, to turn any normal AD
user(s) into a 'requesters'.
Requester permissions to
Group/OU: Assign 'requester' permissions to an entire
Group/OU, for any AD task, as required. This automatically turns all
the existing members and any user who becomes a member of this group/OU
With these rules, specify the technician(s) to whom the request being
created has to be assigned and also set the required priority for the
request, based on either the type of action or the requester who
creates the request, as needed. Also, specify the technicians/users to
be notified of the request status and progress, at each stage of the
Administrators can create custom roles to specify the task or the set
of tasks for which a 'requester' can create requests. These roles can
be used to provide the necessary request creation permissions to any
new requester. While creating a new requester, by just assigning a
specific 'requester role' to any user, administrators can specify all
the tasks for which this specific requester can create requests, in one
The 'IMAP4 setting not reflecting
when modified through single user modification feature' has been fixed.
'streetAddress' can now store
multiline values also
Customers now have the option of
providing database password in encrypted format, if required.
'Recently Modified Users' report
can now retrieve more than 1000 objects.
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 has been
added to the options in the 'OS Based Report'.
Approval notification email will be
sent to executors, even if they are not specified in the workflow.
Highlights of Previous Releases (Builds
5200 to 5241)
Active Sync Enabled/Disabled Reports
Single Contact Object Modification
- Contact Modification Templates
Contact Modification Rules
Detailed Group Members Report
Single Computer Object Creation
Delegation of Computer Creation
Templates to Helpdesk Technician(s)
Exchange Mailbox Migration
Restoring Deleted Users/Computers
Single Contact Creation
Template based Contact Creation
Drag-n-Drop customizable Contact
Mandatory field(s) / attribute(s)
for Contact Creation
Disable/Delete User Mailbox for
Exchange 2003, 2007 & 2010
Customized Date/Time Format
Performance enhancement in all
User, Computer reports that retrieve and display the most recently
updated data from multiple Domain Controllers.
Enhanced performance in report
Enhanced Localization and
Internalization for non-English language compatibility.
Includes latest Windows OS releases
in 'OS Based Report'.
Session timeout handling for Help
Custom Attributes / Additional
Contact Creation - Field
Authorization and Template Delegation
Refresh link in Modify Single User
'Unlock Users' option along with
'Reset Password' in 'Helpdesk Reset Password' Console.
'Add/Remove' Users, Computers to
and from multiple groups in just a single action in Bulk User/Bulk
Copyright © 2014, ZOHO Corp.All Rights Reserved.