113021: Attempted console login failed because user did not have appropriate admin rights
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-3-113021: Attempted console login failed. User username did NOT have appropriate Admin Rights.
Event 113021 is generated when a user is denied access to the management console. The user name is specified in the message.
How could you resolve this situation?
Check if the user has been granted admin credentials recently. If so, ensure that the service type (LOCAL or RADIUS authentication) for that user is set to 'allow access'. If this is not the case, then it's an unauthorized access attempt. Analyze the log data and take proper action.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools