313009: Denied invalid ICMP code
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-4-313009: Denied invalid ICMP code icmp-code, for src-ifc: src-address /src-port (mapped-src-address/mapped-src-port) to dest-ifc :dest-address/dest-port (mapped-dest-address/mapped-dest-port) [user ], ICMP id icmp-id, ICMP type icmp-type.
Event 313009 is generated when an ICMP echo request/reply packet is received with a malformed code (non-zero).
How could you resolve this situation?
If it is an intermittent event, no action is required. If the cause is an attack, the host can be denied by using ACLs.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools