106017: Deny IP due to land attack
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-2-106017: Deny IP due to Land Attack from IP_address to IP_address.
Event 106017 is generated when the ASA discards a packet which has the same source and destination IP addresses and port numbers. This message indicates a spoofed packet that is designed to attack systems. This attack is called a land attack. The source and destination IP addresses are specified in the message.
How could you resolve this situation?
If the same message occurs repeatedly, it denotes an attack in progress. Take necessary steps to mitigate damage.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools