106016: Deny IP spoof on interface
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-2-106016: Deny IP spoof from (IP_address ) to IP_address on interface interface_name.
Event 106016 is generated when a packet with destination IP address as 0.0.0.0 or an invalid source IP address is discarded. The address is considered invalid if it is from a loopback network or broadcast address.
How could you resolve this situation?
Determine if the IP address belongs to an external user trying to compromise the protected network. Check for misconfigured clients.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools