109039: Dropping an unsupported IPv6/IP46/IP64 packet
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-5-109039: AAA Authentication:Dropping an unsupported IPv6/IP46/IP64 packet from lifc :laddr to fifc :faddr
Event 109039 is generated when a packet containing IPv6 addresses had been dropped. It might have contained IPv6 addresses or IPv4 addresses translated to IPv6 addresses by NAT, requiring AAA authentication or authorization. AAA authentication and authorization do not support IPv6 addresses.
How could you resolve this situation?
This event does not require any action.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools