212006: Dropping SNMP request
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-3-212006:Dropping SNMP request from src_addr/src_port to ifc:dst_addr/dst_port because:reason username.
Event 212006 is generated when the ASA isnunable to process an SNMP request sent to it. The reason for the inability to process the request is specified in the message.
How could you resolve this situation?
Check the ASA SNMP server settings and ensure that the NMS configuration is using the expected user, authentication, and encryption settings. Enter the 'show crypto accelerator statistics' command to isolate errors in the platform crypto module.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools