216005: Duplex mismatch resulted in transmitter backup
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections.It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-1-216005:ERROR: Duplex-mismatch on interface_name resulted in transmitter lockup. A soft reset of the switch was performed.
Event 216005 is generated when a duplex mismatch on the port causes a problem in which the port can no longer transmit packets. This message applies only to the ASA 5505. The interface name that had been locked up is specified in the message.
How could you resolve this situation?
Correct the duplex mismatch by either setting both devices to autor ecover or hard coding the duplex mismatch for both devices to be the same.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools