201010: Embyonic connection limit exceeded
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections.It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-6-201010: Embryonic connection limit exceededeconns/ limitfor dir packet from source_address/ source_port to dest_address/dest_port on interface interface_name.
Event 201010 is generated when an attempt to establish a TCP connection fails because of an exceeded embryonic connection limit, which would have been configured with the 'set connection embryonic-conn-max MPC'command for a traffic class. The message contains:
- The current count of embryonic connections associated to the configured traffic class.
- The configured embryonic connection limit for the traffic class.
- The first packet that initiates the connection on the interface.
- The source IP address and port number.
- The destination IP address and port number.
- The name of the interface on which the policy limit is enforced.
How could you resolve this situation?
This event does not require any action.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.