316002: Error in VPN handle
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-3-316002: VPN Handle error: protocol= protocol, src in_if_num: src_addr, dst out_if_num: dst_addr.
Event 316002 is generated when the ASA cannot create a VPN handle because it already exists. The message contains information on the:
- Ingress interface number.
- Source IP address.
- Egress interface number.
- Destination IP address.
How could you resolve this situation?
If this event keeps recurring, a software defect might be the cause. Enter the following commands to collect more information:
type asp-drop vpn-handle-error
show asp table classify crypto detail
show asp table vpn-context
contact Cisco TAC to investigate the issue further.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools