114023: Failed to cache/flush MAC table in 4GE SSM I/O card
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-3-114023:Failed to cache/flush mac table in 4GE SSM I/O card due to error_string.
Event 114023 is generated when a failure to cache or flush the MAC table in a 4GE SSM I/O card is encountered because of an I2C serial bus access error or a switch access error. The error string is specified in the message. In this case, the error would be an I2C serial bus access error switch access error.
How could you resolve this situation?
- Review the messages and errors associated with the event.
- Reboot the software running on the ASA.
- Switch off the device and switch it on after a few minutes.
If the problem persists, contact Cisco TAC.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools