105505: Failed to connect to peer unit
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-4-105505: (Primary|Secondary) Failed to connect to peer unit peer-ip:port.
Event 105504 is generated when the primary HA unit fails to establish communication with its HA peer. The IP address and port number of the peer are specified in the message.
How could you resolve this situation?
Verify the following:
- The peer IP address configured on each unit should match an interface IP address on the peer.
- The peer port number on each unit should match the failover control (server) port on the peer.
- The interfaces used for the peer connection should not be shutdown.
- Any IP routes required for IP connectivity should be present.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools