315004: Failed to establish SSH session
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-3-315004: Fail to establish SSH session because RSA host key retrieval failed.
Event 315004 is generated when the ASA is unable to find the RSA host key, which is required for establishing an SSH session.
How could you resolve this situation?
From the ASA console, enter the 'show crypto key mypubkey rsa' command to check if the RSA host key is present. If the host key is not present, enter the 'show version' command to verify that DES or 3DES is allowed. If an RSA host key is present, restart the SSH session. To generate the RSA host key, enter the crypto key 'mypubkey rsa' command.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools