114010: Failed to set multicast hardware address in 4GE SSM I/O card
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-3-114010:Failed to set multicast hardware address in 4GE SSM I/O card (errorerror_string).
Event 114010 is generated when the ASA fails to set the multicast hardware address in a 4GE SSM I/O card because of an I2C error or a switch initialization error. The syslog message identifier and the error string are specified in the message. In this case, the error would be an I2C serial bus error or a switch access error.
How could you resolve this situation?
- Review the messages and errors associated with the event.
- Reboot the software running on the ASA.
- Switch off the device and switch it on after a few minutes.
If the problem persists,contact Cisco TAC.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools