219002: I2C serial bus API error
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-3-219002: I2C_API_name error, slot = slot_number , device =device_number , address = address , byte count = count . Reason: reason_string.
Event 219002 is generated when an I2C serial bus API fails because of a hardware or software problem. The I2C API name, the slot number, the device number, the address, the byte count and the error string are specified in the message.
How could you resolve this situation?
- Review the messages and errors associated with the event.
- Reboot the software running on the ASA.
- Switch off the device and switch it on after a few minutes.
If the problem persists, contact Cisco TAC.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools