105511: Incomplete read of message header from peer unit
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-3-105511: (Primary|Secondary) Incomplete read of message header of message from peer unit peer-ip: bytes bytes read of expected header_length header bytes.
Event 105511 is generated when the message header from the peer unit is incompletely read. The IP address of the peer unit, the number of bytes read, and the length of the message header are specified in the message.
How could you resolve this situation?
If the error was not caused by the failure of the peer unit, collect details about the events leading up to the error and contact Cisco TAC.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools