209004: Invalid IP fragment
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-4-209004: Invalid IP fragment,size=bytes exceeds maximum size=bytes:src =source_address,dest =dest_address,proto=protocol,id =number.
Event 209004 is generated when an IP fragment is malformed. The total size of the reassembled IP packet would have exceeded the maximum possible size of 65,535 bytes. The message contains information on the:
- Actual size of the IP fragment.
- Maximum size of an IP fragment.
- Source and destination IP addresses.
How could you resolve this situation?
If the message keeps recurring, it might denote an intrusion event in progress. Contact the remote peer administrator or upstream provider.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools