120005: Message dropped
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall,an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system.It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections.It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-4-120005:Message group to destination is dropped.Reason reason.
Event 120005 is generated when a Smart Call Home message is dropped.The event might have been dropped because of one of the following reasons:
- Various internal errors had occurred.
- A network error had occurred.
- The Smart Call Home module might have been disabled.
The event group, the destination, and the reason for the drop are specified in the message.
How could you resolve this situation?
If the drop reason is Delivery Failed, the message is dropped after three unsuccessful retransmissions,or because the error is local (such as no route to destination).Search event 120006 for the delivery failure reason, or turn on debugging by entering the debug sch fail command to obtain more detailed debugging information.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools