103001: No response from other firewall
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-1-103001: (Primary) No response from other firewall (reason code = code).
Event 103001 is generated when the primary unit is unable to communicate with the secondary unit over the failover cable. The message contains a reason code, which varies depending on the reason for the failover. The list of reason codes and their descriptions are:
- The local unit is not receiving the hello packet on the failover LAN interface when LAN failover occurs or on the serial failover cable when serial failover occurs, and declares that the peer is down.
- An interface did not pass one of the four failover tests, which are: link Up, monitor for network traffic, ARP, and broadcast ping.
- No proper ACK for more than 15 seconds after a command was sent on the serial cable.
- The failover LAN interface is down, and other data interfaces are not responding to additional interface testing. In addition, the local unit is declaring that the peer is down.
- The Standby peer went down during the configuration synchronization process.
- Replication is not complete and the failover unit is not synchronized.
How could you resolve this situation?
Check if the failover cable is connected properly and ensure both units have the same hardware, software, and configuration.