201012: Per-client embryonic connection limit exceeded
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections.It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-6-201012:Per-client embryonic connection limit exceeded curr num/limitfor [input|output] packet from IP_address/port to ip /port on interface interface_name.
Event 201012 is generated when an attempt to establish a TCP connection fails because the per-client embryonic connection limit is exceeded. The message contains information on the:
- Current number.
- Configured limit.
- Input or output packet on the interface.
- IP address.
- Port number.
- Name of the interface on which the policy is applied.
How could you resolve this situation?
If the event creates a problem for any application that has a legitimate need for a higher number of embryonic connections, you can adjust the setting by entering the 'set connection per-client-embryonic-max'command.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools