318009: Reference of stale data encountered in function
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-3-318009: OSPF: Attempted reference of stale data encountered in function, line: line_num.
Event 318009 is generated when the OSPF is running and has tried to reference some related data structures that have been removed elsewhere. The function that received the unexpected event and the line number are specified in the message.
How could you resolve this situation?
Clearing interface and router configurations might resolve the problem. However, if this event still appears, some sequence of steps might have caused premature deletion of data structures and that would need to be investigated.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools