214001: Terminating manager session
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-2-214001:Terminating manager session from IP_addresson interface interface_name.Reason: incoming encrypted data (number bytes) longer than number bytes.
Event 214001 is generated when an incoming encrypted data packet destined for the ASA management port indicates a packet length exceeding the specified upper limit. As this might be a hostile event, the ASA immediately terminates the management connection.
How could you resolve this situation?
Ensure that the management connection was initiated by Cisco Secure Policy Manager.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools