212001: Unable to open SNMP channel
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-3-212001: Unable to open SNMP channel (UDP port port) on interfaceinterface_number,error code=code.
Event 212001 is generated when the ASA is unable to receive SNMP requests destined for the ASA from SNMP management stations located on the interface. The SNMP traffic passing through any of the interfaces of the ASA would not be affected.
How could you resolve this situation?
After the ASA reclaims some of its resources when traffic is lighter, reenter the 'snmp-server host' command for that interface.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools