212012: Unable to write SNMP engine data to persistent storage
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message:%ASA-3-212012: Unable to write SNMP engine data to persistent storage.
Event 212012 is generated when the SNMP engine data is unable to be written to the file flash:/snmp/context-name,where it is usually stored. The error may be caused by a failure to create the flash:/snmp directory or the flash:/snmp/context-namefile. The error may also be caused by a failure to write to the file.
How could you resolve this situation?
The system administrator should remove the flash:/snmp/context-namefile and all SNMP Version 3 users and then add them again, to recreate the flash:/snmp/context-namefile.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools