315012: Weak SSH type provided
Cisco ASA is a security device that provides the combined capabilities of a firewall, an antivirus, and an intrusion prevention system. It also facilitates virtual private network (VPN) connections. It helps to detect threats and stop attacks before they spread through the network.
Message: %ASA-3-315012: Weak SSH type (alg) provided from client IP_address on interface Int. Connection failed. Not FIPS 140-2 compliant.
Event 315012 is generated when an unacceptable cipher or MAC is used. As part of the FIPS 140-2 certification, when FIPS is enabled, SSH connections can only be brought up using aes128-cbc or aes256-cbc as the cipher and SHA1 as the MAC.
How could you resolve this situation?
Provide an acceptable cipher or MAC.
Cisco ASA Auditing Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools