15:FTP PassivePortRange metabase access failed
The IIS File Transfer Protocol (FTP) service enables the web server to be a FTP server.
Event 15 is generated when an attempt to read PassivePortRange, a metabase property under the FTP service node mentioned in the message, fails.
How could you resolve this situation?
In passive mode, IIS 6.0 FTP randomly responds in a default port range of 1025 to 5000. You can also choose custom values (either a specific value or range of values) for PassivePortRange. Ensure that the value is between 5001 to 65535.
IIS Server Log Analysis Tool
EventLog Analyzer is a comprehensive log management software with which you can centrally collect, analyze, and manage logs from all the different log sources in your network. You also get reports and alerts on your network security, making it a power-packed IT security tool.
Our support team will contact you shortly.
Manage your logs effortlessly using EventLog Analyzer.
- ADManager Plus Active Directory Management & Reporting
- ADAudit Plus Real-time Active Directory Auditing and UBA
- EventLog Analyzer Real-time Log Analysis & Reporting
- ADSelfService Plus Self-Service Password Management
- AD360 Integrated Identity & Access Management
- Log360 Comprehensive SIEM and UEBA
- AD Free Tools Active Directory FREE Tools